"Take it easy, but take it."
- Web Developer/Programmer, University Marketing and Communications
Responsive Design ⚡
- He is from Hancock.
- In his free time he reads and plays video games.
- Ask him about the nuances in animated films.
- Executive Director of Marketing, University Marketing and Communications
- She helps clients identify and develop marketing strategies and materials to advance the goals of the University.
- She has extensive experience in writing content for recruitment publications and websites, and creating communication plans and dynamic presentations.
- She is a Michigan Tech alumna.
- She enjoys spending time with family, crafting, gardening, and heading to the beach on warm summer days.
"You can't always be certain but you can certainly be positive."
- Web Applications Development Manager, University Marketing and Communications
- He is a Michigan Tech Alumnus from Hancock.
- He is the programming and technical lead for the University’s content management system (CMS).
- He is an avid golfer, enjoys curling, watches many many movies, and would like to visit Finland someday.
- Senior Content Specialist, University Marketing and Communications
- The former Daily Mining Gazette journalist and editor hails from Houghton and has written for a variety of international, national and regional publications.
- Specializing in feature writing, she co-creates, writes, and edits content for the University, from webpages and Michigan Tech Magazine stories to social media.
- A novelist active in the Upper Peninsula Authors and Publishers Association, the Authors Guild member looks forward to writing more books—and to camping trips in her RV with husband Scott and Goldendoodle Max.
- Digital Content Manager, University Marketing and Communications
- Knowledgeable in web/content strategy, marketing, digital analytics, document accessibility, and web design.
- Provides content management services, project coordination, marketing expertise, and support to digital projects.
- She enjoys quilting, knitting, gaming, hiking, traveling, movies, reading, and spending time with her pets.
- Digital Support Manager, University Marketing and Communications
Omni CMS ⚡
Events Calendar ⚡
Training and Documentation ⚡
Customer Support ⚡
Studio Coordination ⚡
- She is a Michigan Tech alum from Houghton.
- She creates documentation and provides training for the content management system (CMS), blog system, and events calendar.
- She manages help requests.
- She enjoys reading, camping, and spending time with her family.
"Yeah, I can make that work"
- Digital Project Manager, University Marketing and Communications
- Administration Building G10B
- Provides advice and assistance to Michigan Tech's Undergraduate Admissions webpages.
- Creates, updates, and recommends revisions for several general webpages on mtu.edu.
- He enjoys thinking through situations and trying to figure how things work. If a situation needs resolving, he's happy to use all his life experiences to recommend a practical and proper solution.
- Executive Director for Communications, University Marketing and Communications
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications team, including news and media relations, social media, and brand communications staff.
- Her professional background includes experience in higher education administration and instruction, law, government relations, and writing and editing.
- She enjoys hiking, writing, and spending time with family and friends.
- Copy Editor
- She has been a word nerd all her life.
- She has copy edited for a family of county newspapers in the Lower Peninsula, and has proofread for a major outdoor recreation retailer.
- She is a native Michigander and has lived in Western Nebraska and Colorado.
- She enjoys being outside, petting her dogs, and hiking with her family.
- Web Developer: Accessibility, University Marketing and Communications
- She is from California and learning to add "eh?" to the end of sentences.
- She is responsible for identifying and resolving Accessibility issues in the University's content management system.
- She enjoys finding solutions to Accessibility and Usability issues to make websites more inclusive and usable by everyone.
- She can be found reading, crafting, cooking, or playing with her nieces and nephews whenever she gets the chance.
- Executive Director of Digital Marketing, University Marketing and Communications
Digital Advertising ⚡
Digital Analytics ⚡
Dashboard Reporting ⚡
Conversion Optimization ⚡
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ⚡
- Leading a digital marketing revolution at Michigan Tech
- Manages digital advertising and web teams
- Serves on the HighEdWeb Association Leadership Academy
- Presenter at HighEdWeb and Higher Ed Experts conferences
- Winner of the 2019 HighEdWeb Red Stapler for Best in Conference
- Is a Michigan Tech alumnus (BS '09, MBA '13) from Calumet, MI
- Enjoys golfing, running, softball, nordic skiing, and being a Dad
"The best way I've found to have a positive impact on code is to write it!"
- Web Programmer, University Marketing and Communications
- He is a Michigan Tech alumni from Central Wisconsin.
- He is responsible for writing and maintaining web applications and pages that are consistent with Michigan Tech’s brand.
- In his free time, he can be found tinkering with code, gaming, reading, and watching hockey.
"I’d much rather watch people do what they do than talk to them across a desk."
- Public Relations Specialist
- Rick specializes in narrative nonfiction, literary criticism and the personal essay form. He's been fortunate to learn his craft from authors Judy Blunt, Chris Dombrowski, Rebecca Solnit, Melissa Febos and Edwin Dobb.
- To support his writing habit, he has variously sold vegetables, taught middle school, tended bar, managed elder care services, and worked as a cellarhand in a local cidery, among other jobs.
- Rick enjoys cooking, gardening, attempting to catch trout and cross-country skiing with his girlfriend Monica and their dog Jude.