- Web Developer/Programmer, University Marketing and Communications
Responsive Design ⚡
- He is from Hancock.
- In his free time he reads and plays video games.
- Ask him about the nuances in animated films.
- Science and Technology Publications Writer, University Marketing and Communications
- Her career includes writing for small-town newspapers in Montana and working as a public information officer, an events coordinator, and science editor for an IEEE publication, Earthzine.
- She enjoys hiking and cross-country skiing with her family, reading voraciously, crocheting, and exploring the Keweenaw.
- Digital Services Marketing Manager, University Marketing and Communications
Digital Analytics ⚡
Digital Advertising ⚡
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ⚡
User Experience ⚡
Marketing Research ⚡
- He is a Michigan Tech alum.
- He assists in project management, analytics, and digital advertising.
- His passions are curling, sailing, and getting lost on hikes.
- Digital Services Technical Manager, University Marketing and Communications
- He is a Michigan Tech Alumnus from Hancock.
- He is the programming and technical lead for the University’s content management system (CMS).
- He is an avid golfer, enjoys curling, watches many many movies, and would like to visit Finland someday.
- Associate Director of Research Communications, University Marketing and Communications
- Sciences, Engineering and Technology
- School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science
- She focuses on writing new stories about Michigan Tech research -- everything from robotic prostheses to mesocosms to the physics of raindrops.
- A University of Montana graduate, she earned a master's degree in environmental science and natural resource journalism, which built on her bachelor's in geoscience from Northland College.
- She's a radio geek.
- Senior Content Specialist, University Marketing and Communications
- The former Daily Mining Gazette journalist and editor hails from Houghton and has written for a variety of international, national and regional publications.
- Specializing in feature writing, she co-creates, writes, and edits content for the University, from web pages and Michigan Tech Magazine stories to social media.
- A novelist active in the Upper Peninsula Authors and Publishers Association, the Authors Guild member looks forward to writing more books—and to camping trips in her RV with husband Scott and Goldendoodle Max.
- Digital Services Project Manager, University Marketing and Communications
- Represents the Graduate School and Vice President for Research Office regarding web strategy, marketing, and design.
- Provides content management services, project coordination, marketing expertise, and support to Digital Services web projects.
- She enjoys quilting, knitting, gaming, hiking, movies, reading, and spending time with her pets.
- Digital Services Coordinator, University Marketing and Communications
OU Campus ⚡
Events Calendar ⚡
Training and Documentation ⚡
Customer Service ⚡
Studio Scheduling ⚡
- She is a Michigan Tech alum from Houghton.
- She creates documentation and provides training for the content management system (CMS), blog system, and events calendar.
- She manages help requests and oversees the student team.
- She enjoys reading, camping, and spending time with her family.
- Project Manager, University Marketing and Communications
- She is your main contact person for print publications projects, helping keep things on track from kick-off to printing.
- She works closely with designers and writers to create effective publications and positive client experiences.
- She first moved to the Keweenaw from Iron Mountain in 2015 and enjoys playing both table-top and video games, cooking exciting new things, and spending time with her partner and their cats.
- Executive Director for Communications, University Marketing and Communications
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher education administration, and creative writing.
- She enjoys spending time with family and friends and moonlights as a fiction writer and editor.
- Copy Editor
- She has been a word nerd all her life.
- She has copy edited for a family of county newspapers in the Lower Peninsula, and has proofread for a major outdoor recreation retailer.
- She is a native Michigander and has lived in Western Nebraska and Colorado.
- She enjoys being outside, petting her dogs, and hiking with her family.
- Web Developer: Accessibility, University Marketing and Communications
- She is from California and learning to add "eh?" to the end of sentences.
- She is responsible for identifying and resolving Accessibility issues in the University's content management system.
- She enjoys finding solutions to Accessibility and Usability issues to make websites more inclusive and usable by everyone.
- She can be found reading, crafting, cooking, or playing with her nieces and nephews whenever she gets the chance.
- Director of Operations, University Marketing and Communications
- She is the first person to contact when you are interested in working with UMC on a project.
- She loves to brainstorm new ideas for publications with clients and enjoys the variety of projects that come through UMC.
- Crystal is a great source when questions arise regarding University Identity Standards.
- A self-described “design nerd,” she finds herself picking up publications from a variety of different places (to read and critique).
- Director of Digital Services, University Marketing and Communications
Links of Interest
Digital Analytics ⚡
Web Accessibility ⚡
Change Management ⚡
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ⚡
- Leading a digital marketing revolution at Michigan Tech
- Manages UMC's studio and web teams
- Manages the Digital Marketers Group
- Passionate about web accessibility
- Serves on the HighEdWeb Association Membership Committee
- Presenter at HighEdWeb and Higher Ed Experts conferences
- Is a Michigan Tech alumnus (BS '09, MBA '13) from Calumet
- Enjoys golfing, running, softball, nordic skiing, and being a Dad
- News Writer, University Marketing and Communications
- VPA, Humanities, Cognitive and Learning Sciences, Social Sciences
- K-12/Youth Programs
- Student Leadership and Involvement/Student Affairs/Financial Aid/Advancement