Marketing and Creative
- Director, University Marketing and Communications
- Administration Building G18
- Ian enjoys being outdoors, going for long jogs, and spending time with his wife, J.R., and their two boys, Cale and Crosby.
- Director of Operations
- She is the first person to contact when you are interested in working with UMC on a project.
- She loves to brainstorm new ideas for publications with clients and enjoys the variety of projects that come through UMC.
- Crystal is a great source when questions arise regarding University Identity Standards.
- A self-described “design nerd,” she finds herself picking up publications from a variety of different places (to read and critique).
- Director of News and Media Relations
- Cell: 906-281-7530
- Administration Building G07A
- Administration/Executive Team/Board of Trustees
- Policy and Funding Issues
- Research Centers and Institutes
- International Programs & Services
- Graduate School
- Her specialties include working with local, regional, national and special-interest news media.
- She is skilled at finding and developing University news and research stories and interesting the news media in covering them.
- She maintains the University Experts Guide.
- She is a former newspaper reporter and magazine writer.
- She enjoys reading detective stories and science fiction novels.
"So have your wits about you and dig in."
- Brand Manager
- Administration Building G16
- Writes, edits, and shares Michigan Tech's stories across print, digital, and social
- Works across UMC and campus to infuse on-brand tone and style in external marketing pieces
- Shuttles kids to and from dance and hockey most evenings and weekends (and loves every second of it!)
- Senior Design Specialist
- Administration Building G17
- He has worked in design and publications at Michigan Tech for 35 years.
- His work has earned numerous national awards.
- He oversees the design of most University publications, including brochures, posters, magazines, newsletters, and more.
- Prepares bids for pricing publications.
- Graphic Designer
- Administration Building G08
- Graphic Design Specialist
- Administration Building G06A
- Feature Writer
- Administration Building G29
- The former Daily Mining Gazette journalist and editor hails from Houghton and has written for a variety of international, national and regional publications.
- She co-creates, writes and edits content for the University’s myriad forms of new media, including websites, blogs and other outreach across departments, for new and existing members of the Michigan Tech community.
- She is a sailor who enjoys Yoga, social media, gardening, and anything near the water. The debut novelist looks forward to writing more books.
- Director of Communications and Public Relations
- Cell: 906-398-7139
- Administration Building G21
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for state relations endeavors.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher education administration, and creative writing.
- She earned her law degree at Arizona State University's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, her master's in creative writing from the University of Cambridge, and her bachelor’s in English at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- She enjoys spending time her family and moonlights as fiction writer and editor.
- Science and Technology Publications Writer
- Administration Building G29
- She writes university research stories and articles for university publications.
- She studied news-editorial journalism and American literature at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and holds a master's in technical communication from Montana Tech. She is pursuing her doctorate in environmental policy at Michigan Tech.
- Her career includes writing for small-town newspapers in Montana and working as a public information officer, an events coordinator, and science editor for an IEEE publication, Earthzine.
- She enjoys hiking and cross-country skiing with her family, reading voraciously, crocheting, and exploring the Keweenaw.