Marketing and Creative
- Assistant Vice President for University Marketing and Communications
- Ian enjoys being outdoors, going for long jogs, and spending time with his wife, J.R.,
and their two boys, Cale and Crosby.
- She is the first person to contact when you are interested in working with UMC on
- She loves to brainstorm new ideas for publications with clients and enjoys the variety
of projects that come through UMC.
- Crystal is a great source when questions arise regarding University Identity Standards.
- A self-described “design nerd,” she finds herself picking up publications from a variety
of different places (to read and critique).
- Executive Director for Communications
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for
state relations endeavors.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher
education administration, and creative writing.
- She enjoys spending time with family and friends and moonlights as a fiction writer
- He has worked in design and publications at Michigan Tech for 35 years.
- His work has earned numerous national awards.
- He oversees the design of most University publications, including brochures, posters,
magazines, newsletters, and more.
- Prepares bids for pricing publications.
- Graphic Design Specialist
- The former Daily Mining Gazette journalist and editor hails from Houghton and has
written for a variety of international, national and regional publications.
- She co-creates, writes and edits content for the University’s myriad forms of new
media, including websites, blogs and other outreach across departments, for new and
existing members of the Michigan Tech community.
- She is a sailor who enjoys Yoga, social media, gardening, and anything near the water.
The debut novelist looks forward to writing more books.
- Science and Technology Publications Writer
- Her career includes writing for small-town newspapers in Montana and working as a
public information officer, an events coordinator, and science editor for an IEEE
- She enjoys hiking and cross-country skiing with her family, reading voraciously, crocheting,
and exploring the Keweenaw.
- Her responsibilities include copyediting and writing print and digital texts.
- Her passions include hugging dogs, running marathons, consuming coffee, and learning
all the things. She fancies herself a scholar of veterans studies.
- Digital Services Marketing Manager
Areas of Expertise
- Digital Analytics
- Digital Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- User Experience
- Marketing Research
- He is a Michigan Tech alum.
- He assists in project management, analytics, and digital advertising.
- His passions are curling, sailing, and getting lost on hikes.
- She is your main contact person for print publications projects, helping keep things
on track from kick-off to printing.
- She works closely with designers and writers to create effective publications and
positive client experiences.
- She first moved to the Keweenaw from Iron Mountain in 2015 and enjoys playing both
table-top and video games, cooking exciting new things, and spending time with her
partner and their cats.