Welcome to Husky Motors
We offer a variety of vehicle rental options to all faculty, staff, and students for official University-related travel. Husky Motors rentals are covered by University insurance and WEX gas cards are provided in each vehicle—fuel charges incurred during a rental are added to your final rental bill.
Zipcars are also available for personal use.
|Husky Motors Vehicle Options||Daily Fee*|
|Passenger (12-15) and Cargo Vans†||$69|
Make reservations through FleetCommander.
Reserve a Vehicle FAQ
Creating an Account
- Set up an approved account. Go to Fleet Commander. Click Sign Up Now at the bottom of the left navigation bar under Information. Fill out and submit the form. Husky Motors checks eligibility requirements for driving a university vehicle and approves the request.
- Once you have been notified that your account has been approved, review and agree to the Husky Motors Policies and Procedures.
Reserving a Vehicle
Reserve a vehicle. Log into FleetCommander. Go to Make Reservation at the top of the left navigation bar under Vehicle Use.
NOTE: Student Organizations that want to rent a vehicle need to have a Student Organization Vehicle Request Form approved by the Student Leadership and Involvement Office—Husky Motors can't rent a vehicle to you without it.
Once Your Rental is Approved
- Change or update your reservation, including the driver or time period using My Schedule, in the left navigation. It shows all your requested reservations—choose the one you want to update.
- To pick up the vehicle, the primary driver on the reservation may sign out electronically from the Fleetcommander Kiosk at the Husky Motors Office using their ISO username and password.
- To return the vehicle, the primary driver must check it back in with the ending mileage from your trip and return the keys to the kiosk.
- More questions? Refer to our detailed instructions.
Updating or Adding Drivers
If someone other than the driver designated on your reservation confirmation is going to pick up or return the vehicle, you must update the reservation. If you don't, you will not be able to sign in or out, or receive or return keys.
All drivers must be registered in Fleetcommander and be included on your rental reservation to be an approved driver during your rental.
Additional Services and Fees
For your convenience, our office can provide vehicle deliveries by request as part of your reservation, including to the Houghton County Memorial Airport for departing and arriving guests and employees. The $15 one-way fee is added to the rental bill. On campus deliveries are provided at no cost.
Fuel Fill Charge
If you return a vehicle to us without a full gas tank, a $4.50 per gallon fee is added to your rental bill.
If you pick up a vehicle from Husky Motors that does not have a full gas tank, fill up at a local gas station with your WEX card right away, and let us know when you return the vehicle. Leave a note under comments on the key kiosk: "Filled tank, was not full when picked up."