Summer Registration is Open
Register for summer classes now! Houghton is a great place to be in the summer, and the condensed classes are just seven weeks. Courses with insufficient enrollment may be cancelled in the spring.
Events and Deadlines
- DoD SMART Scholarship applications due, Dec. 1, 5 pm
- Final Exams, Dec. 13-17
- Walk-in COVID-19 Testing, Weekly on Mon., Wed., Thur., 9-12, Datolite Room, MUB
- Dean Livesay 's Open Office Hours: Fridays, 2-3 pm, Rekhi 223. All students who wish to chat with Dean Livesay are invited to "drop in." No appointments needed.
- CS Dept. Lecture Series: Junqiao Qiu, Computer Science, Fri., Nov. 19, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- Biocomputing and Digital Health Lecture Series: Zhou He, Nov 29, 12-1 pm,, Rekhi 214
Study Abroad in Cumbria, England, will host an info session on Tuesday, Nov. 16, from 4-5 pm.
Study Abroad in Greece will host an info session on Tuesday, Nov. 16, in the from 5-6 pm.
Both sessions take place in the Social Sciences Commons, AOB 209.
Finals are coming! The CCLC is here to help.
Everyone needs help sometimes, especially at the end of the semester as final exams approach. The Learning Center, on the first floor of Rekhi Hall, is open to ALL students enrolled in computing classes, and it's FREE!
Stop by anytime from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm, Sunday through Friday. The CCLC coaches are upper-level undergraduate students who want to help you succeed in your computing classes. They can help with homework, broad topics, programming tips, and more. Just stop in and get the help you need for success in your computing courses.
- CCLC webpage
- Schedule an appointment (not required)
- Discord server
- Canvas page: self-registration
- Canvas page link
View the full Academic Calendar
Friday, Nov 19, 10 p.m., Thanksgiving Recess Begins
Monday, Nov 29, Classes Resume
Friday, Dec 10, Last Day of Regular Classes
Monday, Dec 13, Final Exam Period
Friday, Dec 17, Fall Semester Ends
Saturday, Dec 18, Midyear Commencement
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to email@example.com by12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to email@example.com.