Spring/Summer 2023 Registration Priority Schedule
The Michigan Tech Office of the Registrar has posted the Spring/Summer 2023 Registration Priority Schedule. This table is used to determine when your registration window opens. You can also find this information on MyMichiganTech > Current Students. View the schedule here. Contact your academic advisor with questions:
- Denise Landsberg: Dept. of Computer Science undergraduate degree programs: Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- Kay Oliver: Dept. of Applied Computing undergraduate degree programs: CNSA, Cybersecurity, EET, Mechatronics
- Kay Oliver: Applied Computing MS programs (Health Informatics, Mechatronics)
- Janna Chittick: Computer Science MS, CyberSecurity MS
- Laura Brown: Data Science MS
- Contact your faculty advisor if your major is not listed above.
The College of Computing is seeking students willing to be photographed in the halls of Rekhi Hall on Oct. 20, 3-5 p.m. The photos will be used to show off the new wall art, and our students and faculty, on College of Computing websites and other College marketing materials. ALL Computing majors and levels are welcome. Wear your College of Computing/Michigan Tech gear! Please email Karen Johnson (email@example.com) if you’re willing and available.
Student News Briefs
Find more student news on the College of Computing student blog.
First Friday Social. The Graduate School and Van Pelt and Opie Library will host a social on Oct. 7, 4-6 p.m., in the library's Opie Reading Room. Faculty, staff, graduate students, and Michigan Tech retirees are invited. The social will highlight services available for graduate students. Learn more.
Remote Work Keweenaw Networking Event. If you’re thinking of remote work as a way to stay in the area, learn what current remote workers in the Keweenaw are doing and how they’re doing it at this event on Oct. 12, 4-7 p.m., in the Rozsa Center. Undergraduate juniors and seniors are urged to attend.
Three Minute Thesis Competition. Michigan Tech's 2022 3MT competition will be held Oct. 13 at the MUB Ballroom. For more information on the competition, please see the 3MT page on the Graduate Student Government (GSG) website. Register here.
Daimler Truck Hackathon. Daimler Truck North America is hosting a hackathon Nov. 4-6, with prizes up to $15,000. Participate in the Connectivity Services Group Hackathon in person or virtually. The competition’s challenge is connectivity-themed. The ideation phase is now open. Learn more.
October Is Mental Health Awareness Month. The Center for Student Mental Health and Well-being is promoting "It's OK to not be OK" to help destigmatize mental illness and encourage students to reach out for help and to support others. Learn more.
Reminder: On-Campus Flu Shot Clinics. Michigan Tech and UP Health System-Portage, will conduct on-campus flu shot clinics every Tuesday in October. Learn more.
Michigan Tech Student Financial Awards
The following student financial awards are available at Michigan Tech.
- Undergraduate Research Internship (URIP); applications close in March. Learn more.
- Michigan Space Grant Consortium (MSGC) Nov 9, 2022 by 12 p.m. Learn more.
- Research Experience for Undergrads (REU). Learn more.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF); applications due in February. Learn more.
- Additional Research Programs and Opportunities for Undergrads. Learn more.
- Diversity Scholarships. Learn more.
- Doctoral Finishing Scholarships; Applications due Oct. 19, 2022, by 4 p.m. for Spring 2023 consideration. Learn more.
- Fellowships from The DeVlieg Foundation; applications due in February. Learn more.
Student Events and Deadlines
- Oct. 6: UHC Health Insurance Info Session, Library East Reading Room, 12-1:30 p.m.
- Oct. 7: First Friday Social hosted by the Graduate School and Van Pelt and Opie Library, 4-6 p.m., Opie Reading Room
- Oct. 19: Doctoral Finishing Scholarships applications due by 4 p.m.
- Oct. 20: Student Photo Opportunity, 4-6 p.m., Rekhi Hall
- Nov. 1: NSF CyberCorps Scholarship Info Session, 7 p.m., Rekhi 112
- Nov. 16: Michigan Space Grant Consortium 2022-23 funding applications due at 11:59 p.m.
- Oct. 4, 7 p.m.: Film screening: After Yang; Rozsa Center
- Oct. 5, 12 p.m.: Robots, Compassion, Love, and Human Resilience in the Technological Hyper-Age; Library East Reading Room
- Oct. 13, 12 p.m.: R.U.R.’s Robot Rebellion: Cybernetics Lineages and Cultural Legacies; Library East Reading Room
- Oct. 14-15, 7:30 p.m.: Tech Theatre Company Performance: R.U.R., McArdle Theatre
- Oct. 20, 12 p.m.: Karel Čapek and the Origins of R.U.R. with Jindrich Toman (University of Michigan), Library East Reading Room
- View all ROBOT101 Events
College Lectures and Events
- Computing[MTU] Showcase Poster Session, Oct. 10, MUB Ballroom A
- ICC Distinguished Lecture: Zahra Motamed, McMaster University, Oct. 7, 3 pm, Zoom
- Info Session: BS in Mechatronics and Electrical Engineering Technology, Oct. 19, 6:30 pm, EERC 103
- ICC Distinguished Lecture: Joydeep Mitra, Michigan State University, Oct. 24, 3 p.m., ME-EM 403
Computing Learning Center
Sooner is better than later. The College of Computing Learning Center (CCLC), on the first floor of Rekhi Hall, Room 118, is staffed by upper-level undergraduate students and supported by the College of Computing. The friendly CCLC coaches are available to help succeed in your computing courses. No appointments are necessary. Free. Open to all students taking computing classes. This fall, the Learning Center is open Sunday-Friday according to the schedule here.
- View the full Academic Calendar
- Monday, Aug 29: Instruction Begins
- Monday, Sep 05: Labor Day Recess
- Friday, Sep 09, 12 pm: K-day Recess
- Monday, Sep 12: Classes Resume
- Wednesday, Sep 21, 12 am: Career Fair
- Wednesday, Sep 21, 2 pm: Career Fair Recess
- Wednesday, Sep 21, 4 pm: Classes Resume
- Friday, Oct 07, 3 pm: Homecoming Recess
- Sunday, Oct 23, 12 pm: Spring/Summer Registration Begins
- Sunday, Nov 13, 11:59 pm: Spring/Summer Registration Ends
- Friday, Nov 18,10 pm: Thanksgiving Recess Begins
- Monday, Nov 28: Classes Resume
- Friday, Dec 09: Last Day of Regular Classes
- Monday, Dec 12: Final Exam Period
- Friday, Dec 16: Fall Semester Ends
- Saturday, Dec 17: Midyear Commencement
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.