What do you love about Computing[MTU]?
Andrea Sarabia, 1st-year Computer Science major
Future Plans: Aiming for graduate school.
"I love how helpful the professors are. They really want you to understand and enjoy the content they teach."
What do you love about Computing[MTU]? Share your quote and receive a Computing[MTU] t-shirt!
Summer 2022 Courses
The College of Computing will offer a number of on-campus and online CS, EET, and SAT courses this summer. Please register early. Courses with insufficient enrollment may be canceled and not offered this summer. See the list of courses here.
BASIC Seeking Student Volunteers
Do you enjoy helping others? BASIC (Building Adult Skills in Computing) is seeking students who wish to help community members struggling with digital technology. Offered in partnership with the Portage Lake District Library, BASIC help is delivered in a combination of in-person and online help sessions. Want to get involved? Contact Charles Wallace at email@example.com.
What’s copyright and what does it have to do with your dissertation? Learn the answers to this and other questions at the library workshop, "Copyright and Your Dissertation, Thesis, or Master’s Report," which takes place March 21, at 12 noon, in Library 244. Registration is required.
Conflict Resolution Workshop
Join Career Services, the Ombuds Office, and representatives from industry to gain an understanding of workplace conflicts, hear first-hand experiences, and practice techniques using real-world examples. The 3-week workshop, which begins March 21, 2022, meets Mondays from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in ROTC 101. Register for the workshop here.
Paid Research Participants Needed
Darnisha Slade, PhD student in the Cognitive and Learning Sciences department, invites undergraduates to participate in a paid online study to look at the differences between in-person and remote academic teamwork environments. During a webinar session, participants will be asked to watch a short video of a team, report their reactions, and additional activities. Participants will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. Register here.
- Mac Support Technician. Michigan Tech IT is hiring both work-study students and regular employee positions for Student Mac Support Technicians. The IT Operations department is looking for motivated students who want to work and grow their skills in an enterprise macOS/iOS environment. Must be able to work throughout the Spring and Summer semesters. View the work-study position here. View the regular position here.
- Alstom LEAD Program. Alstom is seeking applications for their exclusive Leadership Excellence and Development Program (LEAD). In this a two-year program, the new college hires will spend six months in four rotations across different areas in the business. Alston is recruiting for two LEADs to start June 2022 or December 2022. Link to the job posting here.
- Amazon Positions. Amazon is looking for new graduates for several open positions on Amazon's AWS Documentation team. Positions include Front End Engineer I and Software Development Engineer. More details here.
- Research Intern. Applied Research Solutions is seeking a full-time Summer Research Intern located at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. The research intern’s primary function will be to work with the Air Force Research Laboratory scientists and staff researchers to support software integration and research efforts focused on autonomous aircraft projects. This is a temporary, full-time position starting in May/June and is estimated to last 9-10 weeks. View more details and apply here.
Student Events and Deadlines
- Fall Registration Began March 13. Meet with your advisor soon! Contact an advisor.
- Undergraduate Research Internship Program, applications due Mar. 25, 5 pm
- Graduate Research Colloquium, Mar. 29-30
- Walk-in COVID-19 Testing, Mon-Thur, 9 am-1 pm, Rozsa Center lower level
- Dean Livesay's Open Office Hours: Fridays, 2-3 pm, Rekhi 223. No appointments needed. Dean Livesay's open office hours will not take place Mar. 25.
Lectures and Events
College and University News
Computing Learning Center
Stop by anytime from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm, Sunday through Friday, and get the help you need for success in your computing courses. The Learning Center is in Rekhi 118. Discord server. CCLC coaches are also available via Zoom during lab walk-in hours.
- View the full Academic Calendar
- Sunday, Apr 3, 11:59 pm, Fall Registration Ends
- Friday, Apr 22, Last Day of Regular Classes
- Monday, Apr 25, Final Exam Period
- Saturday, Apr 30, Spring Commencement
- Monday, May 9, Full Session Begins
- Monday, May 9, Session A Begins
- Monday, May 30, Memorial Day Recess
- Tuesday, May 31, Classes Resume
- Thursday, Jun 23, Session A Ends
- Friday, Jun 24, Session A Exams
- Monday, Jun 27, Session B Begins
- Monday, Jul 4, Independence Day Recess
- Tuesday, Jul 5, Classes Resume
- Thursday, Aug 11, Session B Ends
- Thursday, Aug 11, Full Session Ends
- Friday, Aug 12, Final Exam Period
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.