Amlan Mukherjee, PE
- Dillman 201J
- Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Affiliated Professor, Construction Management
- PhD, University of Washington
- MS, University at Buffalo
- BE, Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Dr. Mukherjee's interests are in the areas of Construction Management and Transportation Infrastructure Management Systems. He is currently teaching a course in Construction Estimation, Planning and Control. His research interests lie in developing interactive and adaptive process simulation platforms that can be used as decision making aids, in training decision makers and also to better understand human cognitive and decision-making processes in construction. The broader goal of the research is to study the construction management (CM) domain as a tightly coupled system of human and resource interactions and to integrate it with existing construction theories to develop a systemic perspective of the complexities in the CM domain. Dr. Mukherjee is also interested in Engineering Education research.
- Planning and decision making in infrastructure system management
- Develop models and implements simulations that can aid decision makers assess design alternatives and explore what-if scenarios
- Mukherjee, A. & Dylla, H. (2017) ”Challenges to using environmental product declarations in communicating LCA results: the case of the asphalt industry,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Record, No. 2639, pp. 84-92, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies.
- Reddy, K., Lemay, L., Mukherjee, A. & Adams, J. (2016) ”Environmental Aspects”, Chapter 8 (pg. 87) in ”Engineering for Sustainable Communities: Principles and Practices”, edited by William E. Kelly, Barbara Luke and Richard Wright, American Society of Civil Engineers Press, ISBN 978-0-7844-1481-1.
- Jin, Y. & Mukherjee, A. (2014) “Markov chain applications in modelling facility condition deterioration,” International Journal of Critical Infrastructures 10 (2), 93-112.
- Mukherjee, A., Stawowy, B. & Cass, D. (2013) “Project Emissions Estimator (PE-2): Tool to Aid Contractors and Agencies in Assessing Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Highway Construction Projects,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Record, No. 2366, Vol. 1, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington DC. pp 3-12.
- Tang, P., Mukherjee, A. & Onder, N. (2013) ”Using an interactive schedule simulation platform to assess and improve contingency management strategies,” Automation in Construction, Vol 35, pp 551-560.
- Tang, P., Cass, D & Mukherjee, A. (2013) “Investigating the Effect of Construction Management Strategies on Project Greenhouse Gas Emissions,” Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 54 (2013), 78-88.
- Breffle, William S., Muralidharan, D., Donovan, R.P., Liu, F., Mukherjee, A. & Jin, Y. (2012) “Socioeconomic Evaluation of the Impact of Natural Resource Stressors on Human-Use Services in the Great Lakes Environment: A Lake Michigan Case Study.” Resources Policy, Vol 38, pp 152-161.
- Mukherjee, A. & Cass, D. (2012) “Project Emission Estimator: Implementation of a Project-Based Framework for Monitoring Pavement Greenhouse Gas Emissions,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Record, No. 2282, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington DC. 91-99.