- Assistant Professor, Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Ohio State University
- MSc, Structural Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- BSc, Civil Engineering, University of Tehran
Dr. Darestani is an assistant professor in the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering at Michigan Technological University. Prior to joining MTU, he spent a year as a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Rice University. Dr. Darestani received a PhD in Civil Engineering from the Ohio State University in August 2019, an MSc in Structural Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Iran in 2014, and a BSc in Civil Engineering from the University of Tehran, Iran in 2011. His research focuses on risk, reliability, and resilience assessment and enhancement of infrastructure systems, machine learning techniques, and wind engineering.
Links of Interest
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Reliability
- Risk and Reliability of Infrastructure Systems
- Life Cycle Resilience Enhancement
- Community Resilience Assessment
- Machine Learning
- Network Analysis
- Wind Engineering
Dr. Darestani teaches courses in structural analysis and structural reliability.