- Research Assistant Professor, Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Ohio State University
- MSc, Structural Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- BSc, Civil Engineering, University of Tehran
Dr. Darestani is a Research Assistant Professor in the Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering department at Michigan Technological University. Prior to joining MTU, he spent a year as a postdoctoral researcher in the Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering department at Rice University. Dr. Darestani received a PhD degree in Civil Engineering from the Ohio State University in August 2019, an MSc degree in Structural Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Iran in 2014, and a BSc degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Tehran, Iran in 2011. His research focuses on risk, reliability, and resilience assessment and enhancement of infrastructure systems, Machine Learning techniques, and wind engineering.
Links of Interest
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Reliability
- Risk and Reliability of Infrastructure Systems
- Life Cycle Resilience Enhancement
- Community Resilience Assessment
- Machine Learning
- Network Analysis
- Wind Engineering
Dr. Darestani teaches courses in structural analysis and structural reliability.