- Assistant Professor, Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering
- PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Maryland College Park
- MSc, Construction Engineering and Management, University of Tehran
- BSc, Civil Engineering, University of Tehran
Dr. Abdolmajid (Mazi) Erfani is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geospatial Engineering at Michigan Technological University. In 2023, he earned a PhD in Civil Engineering from the University of Maryland College Park. Prior to that, he obtained his Master and bachelor degrees in Construction Engineering and Civil Engineering from University of Tehran in Iran in 2019 and 2017, respectively. His research interests include smart construction, data analytics, and the application of artificial intelligence to construction management, as well as data-driven infrastructure management. Dr. Erfani is a leading researcher in the area of transportation equity and leads data-driven studies on workforce and diversity equity in the airport and construction industries. He has authored and co-authored more than 20 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers.
- Data-driven Infrastructure Management
- Project Delivery and Procurement
- Smart Construction
- Risk Management
- Equity and Diversity
- Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing
- Artificial Intelligence Modeling
- Erfani, A., Cui, Q., Baecher, G., and Kwak, Y. H. (2023). Data-Driven Approach to Risk Identification for Major Transportation Projects: A Common Risk Breakdown Structure. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management.
- Erfani, A., Hickey, P. J., and Cui, Q. (2023). Likeability versus Competence Dilemma: Text Mining Approach Using LinkedIn Data. Journal of Management in Engineering, 39(3), 04023013.
- Erfani, A., and Cui, Q. (2022). Predictive risk modeling for major transportation projects using historical data. Automation in Construction, 139, 104301.
- Hickey, P. J., Erfani, A.,and Cui, Q. (2022). Use of LinkedIn Data and Machine Learning to Analyze Gender Differences in Construction Career Paths. Journal of Management in Engineering, 38(6), 04022060. (Best paper Award-2023)