COVID-19 update: The Husky Host program has been suspended for the 2020-21 academic year. If we are able to offer this experience to students, available dates and updates will be posted below.
When available, high school juniors and seniors are invited to experience life at Michigan Tech through the free Husky Host program by spending the night with a student host on select days during the school year when classes are in session.
Husky Host participants receive:
- A one-night stay with a current student in one of our three residence halls—we supply a mattress, linens, pillow, and blanket.
- Dinner on the day of check in, breakfast on the day of check out, and spending credit at our Campus Café in Wadsworth Hall.
- An overnight parking permit (if needed).
- A complimentary VIP Pass to experience everything Michigan Tech has to offer. See the full list of VIP Pass opportunities.
- The opportunity to meet other Michigan Tech students.
Registration for the Husky Host program for the 2020-2021 academic year has been suspended due to COVID-19. When offered, a two-week advance notice is required to participate.
Prospective students must schedule a campus tour in conjunction with the Husky Host stay or must have toured campus previously to be eligible to participate. If more than one student wishes to participate in the Husky Host program, please register each separately.
To schedule your campus visit and the Husky Host program, contact the Admissions Office at 888-688-1885.
The Housing and Residential Life staff will email you a confirmation letter one week prior to your visit with your host's name and instructions on where to check in.