Create a healthier world.
Safe drinking water. Air quality. Waste management. Michigan Tech’s program is top in the state and ranked number seven of 46 nationwide.
Environmental engineers apply their knowledge of chemistry, biology, math, and physics to protect the environment and human health. They are tasked with developing sustainable solutions for an expanding global community. Turn your passion for the environment into a career, and play a critical role in making the world a better place.
Experiment in the pilot-scale environmental simulation lab. Co-op or intern—our students are in demand.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Participating in Michigan Tech’s D80 Program, which provides education, research, and service opportunities such as Engineers without Borders and International Senior Design
- Designing water systems in rural Panama
- Using state-of-the-art equipment for labs, assignments, research, and projects such as our pilot-scale environmental simulation lab
- Getting involved with the Green Campus Enterprise and design and implement projects to improve the sustainability of the Michigan Tech campus
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Environmental Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Site Engineering
- District Engineering
- Environmental Specialization
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Barr Engineering
- Great Lakes Dock and Dredge
- Marinette Marine
"I chose Michigan Tech because of the school's academics and location."
Customize your Degree:
Focus areas available in:
- Air quality
- Groundwater quality
- Solid and hazardous waste management
- Surface water quality
- Water and wastewater processing
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Environmental Monitoring and Measurement Analysis
- Air Quality Engineering
- Wastewater Treatment Principles and Design
- Surface Water Quality Engineering
- Environmental Process and Simulation