Numbers and natural resources go hand-in-hand.
Michigan Tech’s unique economics program incorporates the power of a STEM-focused public research university on the shores of Lake Superior, surrounded by 5,264 acres of our own research and recreational forests.
Economists are prepared to examine and solve high-level business, economic, and social problems thanks to a strong theoretical and analytical foundation coupled with business, engineering, science, mathematics, and social science courses. You’ll be prepared for graduate or law school or a career in the energy, environmental, financial, insurance, government, and retail sectors.
Experience Silicon Valley. Play the stock market with one of the top 50 student funds in the nation. Meet mentors, including Michigan Tech Alumni. Conduct research alongside faculty.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Customizing your degree with over 20 credits of free electives, which allows you to take classes from various disciplines, earn a minor, or just take classes for fun!
- Developing a strong theoretical and analytical foundation for problem solving, which is an excellent preparation for graduate or law school.
- Getting involved with one of our more than 240 student organizations such as Omicron Delta Epsilon, the international economics honor society
- Gaining experience developing a business from the ground up through Husky Innovate, which emphasizes evidence-based strategies for success.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Project Administration
- Budget Analysis
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Edward Jones
- Ernst & Young
- SN Phelps
- Ameriprise Financial
Customize your Degree:
Minors are available in
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- International Economics
- Micro/Macro Economics
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Economic Decision Analysis
- Game Theory/Strategic Behavior