Economists are prepared to examine and solve high-level business, economic, and social problems thanks to a strong theoretical and analytical foundation coupled with business, engineering, science, mathematics, and social science courses. You’ll be prepared for graduate or law school or a career in the educational, energy, environmental, financial, insurance, government, and retail sectors.
Customize your degree with:
Minors are available in
- Global Business
- Secondary Education in economics.
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take courses like:
- International Economics
- Micro/Macro Economics
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Economic Decision Analysis
- Game Theory/Strategic Behavior
Get hands-on experience like:
- Customizing your degree with over 20 credits of free electives, which allows you to take classes from various disciplines, earn a minor, or just take classes for fun!
- Developing a strong theoretical and analytical foundation for problem solving, which is an excellent preparation for graduate or law school.
- Getting involved with one of our more than 240 student organizations such as Omicron Delta Epsilon, the international economics honor society
- Gaining real-world experience by working with students across campus for the Business Development Experience where you’ll develop and present a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project
Get a job like:
- Project Administrator
- Budget Analyst
Work for companies like:
- Edward Jones
- Ernst & Young
- SN Phelps
- Ameriprise Financial