Analyze. Consult. Run the numbers.
Michigan Tech graduates work for top companies including Deloitte, Ernst & Young, and Fortune 500 management teams.
Accountants are presented with a constant challenge—to provide accurate, transparent, and understandable financial information and advice to managers and investors. From financial budgeting to IRS enforcement to auditing and beyond. You’ll learn much more than accounting procedures, you’ll gain advanced knowledge and skills to help solve real problems for real organizations.
Get experience on the trading floor or in Silicon Valley. Pitch inventions and launch
startups. Study accounting at a leading research university, in a learning environment infused
with science, technology, engineering and math.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Assisting local families and fellow students with income tax returns through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program
- Gaining experience developing a business from the ground up through Husky Innovate, which emphasizes evidence-based strategies for success.
- Leading a student organization such as Entrepreneurs Club and Kappa Sigma Iota, Michigan Tech’s accounting and finance group
- Learning from world-class faculty in small classes, allowing you to know your professor on a first-name basis
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Financial Analysis
- Internal and External Auditing
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Ernst & Young
- Wells Fargo
- Ameriprise Financial
Customize Your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Global Business
Concentration available in:
- Data Analytics
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
- Foundations of Taxation
- Attestation and Assurance
- Accounting Systems
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting