Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to Michigan Tech! Here are five simple steps to keep you on track as you make your college decision. You can also download the Michigan Tech Guide.
Log on to My Michigan Tech
1. MyMichiganTech is your personalized Michigan Tech website where you’ll find your Enrollment Checklist to help with the next steps in the college decision process.
- Use the username and password on the Account Details sheet included in your acceptance packet.
- Select the Change Password icon to set your official Michigan Tech password. You’ll use this password to access MyMichiganTech and other campus computing resources, including your Michigan Tech email account.
Pay Your Enrollment Deposit
2. Pay your $100 enrollment deposit as soon as possible to access the on-campus housing application (see Step 4) and guarantee your spot in the incoming class. Still making up your mind? Pay when you’re ready, but know the deposit is fully refundable.*
|Semester||Enrollment Deposit Due|
|Spring 2020 (January)||Due 30 days from acceptance|
|Summer 2020 (May or June)||Due 30 days from acceptance|
|Fall 2020 (September)||Due May 1*|
|* Fall applicants: your deposit is fully refundable if you notify the Admissions Office by May 1 that you do not plan to enroll.|
Pay your deposit online through MyMichiganTech on your Enrollment Checklist, or, send a check or money order, and your your Student ID number (M number) from your Account Details sheet, payable to:
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931-1295
Complete Your FAFSA
3. Start by filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Our Federal School Code is 002292. File as soon as possible and by the due dates listed below. FAFSAs processed after these dates will receive consideration for remaining aid.
|Semester||FAFSA to File||Begin to File||Due Date|
|Spring 2020||2019–20||As soon as possible||December 1, 2019|
|Summer 2020||2019–20||As soon as possible||April 1, 2020|
|Fall 2020||2020–21||October 1, 2019||March 1, 2020|
Although your social security number was not required when you applied for admission to Michigan Tech, it is required for FAFSA filing purposes. To avoid delays in processing your FAFSA, please call the Admissions Office at 888-688-1885 to provide your social security number.
Apply for Housing
4. Complete and submit your residence hall application through MyMichiganTech after your enrollment deposit has been received (see Step 2).
- Priority is given to students that find a match using Roommate Matching* (in order of the date and time matched in the system). *Open for fall applicants beginning May 1, 2020.
- After all students who used Roommate Matching are placed into housing, assignments are determined by the date the application is received.
- Transfer students enrolling for fall who wish to live in the residence halls must submit their housing application by March 1.
All single students, other than transfer students (those who have graduated from high school and taken college classes following high school graduation) or commuting students living with a parent/guardian, must live on campus during their first year at the University. Students receiving merit-based scholarships through the Presidential Scholar, National Scholar, or Leading Scholar programs are required to live in University housing for their first two academic years.
Daniell Heights Apartments offer on-campus living options for upper division and graduate students. See Residence Education and Housing Services for information and application details.
Transfer students interested in off-campus living can view a list of available properties at Michigan Tech Off Campus Housing.
- Update your mailing address or phone number.
- Change your major from the program you selected at time of application.
- Decline your acceptance—your notification will cancel your application, refund your $100 enrollment deposit (if paid prior to May 1), and cancel your housing application (if applicable). Any scholarships or financial aid awarded to you will also be canceled. In addition, you will stop receiving notifications and reminders from the University.