University Marketing and Communications is able to give out web-based access to our photo database, called Cumulus, on a limited basis to Michigan Tech employees. Users are able to view and download all of our photos from the last five years. These photos can be used for Michigan Tech department needs such as websites, publications, and social media.
Instructions for Use
You must be on the Michigan Tech network or connected to the VPN to access the web module.
- Go to the Web Module.
- Sign in with the User Name and Password provided to you.
- There are thumbnails of photos in the middle of the screen.
- Click on a photo to see more information about it or enlarge it.
- There is a search box in the upper right area that can be used to narrow your search.
- You can change the sort preferences by clicking on the "Preferences" link above the advanced search box and to the left of the Logout link.
- To download photos one at a time, click the Download icon (it looks like an arrow above a line) for that photo. This will download it to your computer where you can use it.
- To download many photos at once, you can save them to a "collection," which is a shareable
folder within Cumulus.
- There will be an icon just below each of the photo thumbnails of four boxes with a plus in the corner. Click on it to add that photo to the collection.
- For the first photo you add to the collection, choose the Create collection option and give it a descriptive name. Then click Add records.
- For additional photos, select the Add to existing collection option and select the collection that you named for the first photo.
- Go to the Collection tab at the top of the program and click the Download link above and to the left of the photos.