Immigration Services

Hiring a foreign national employee differs significantly from hiring a U.S. citizen, and requires the hiring department to obtain an employment-based visa before the individual can work in the U.S. The information in this section applies to hiring foreign nationals only.  Immigration Services will work with employees and hiring departments to navigate this and other processes.  

Hiring departments will be responsible for paying employment visa filing fees for the foreign national employee, specifically, H-1B and I-140 petitions.  Filling fees must not be passed on to the foreign national employee. 

Policy 2.6015 Employment of Foreign Nationals, has been published on-line at the University Policies and Procedures website.