Degree Completion Timelines
The links below show a detailed timeline of items graduate students need to complete beginning with preparations for arrival on campus through to the completion of their degree.
Students should look to the degree completion timeline in the Current Students area of MyMichiganTech for a personalized list of all tasks they will need to complete prior to being awarded their degree. (Need help? See the Graduate School's tutorial.)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Science, Master of Forestry, Master of Geographic Information Science
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Engineering
- Graduate Certificates—submit the appropriate degree schedule
The forms don't work. What should I do?
All Graduate School forms may be completed in newer versions of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader (v9 or higher). If you are experiencing problems try:
- Switching to a different browser. Currently, Internet Explorer is recommended.
- There are known incompatibility issues with Firefox v19, Chrome, Preview (the PDF reader on a macintosh) and Linux machines.
- Students who click on a form link and receive the message, "Please wait.... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of your document..." have an incompatible browser or plug-in.
- Saving the file to your hard drive and open with the newest version of Acrobat Reader rather than clicking on the link and opening in your browser.
- Right-click or option-click the hyperlink
- Save the form on your hard drive.
- Open the file directly from Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Reconfiguring your browser to open PDF files using a compatible plug-in. Firefox users
may reconfigure their browsers using the instructions below:
- Select Tools...Options from the menu bar
- Select the "Applications" tab in the pop up window
- Search for and select "Portable Document Format (PDF)" in the Content Type list
- Select "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)" as the Action
- Press "OK"
TDR-Review is provided as a sample for your information and does not allow data entry, since the Graduate School completes and returns this form for you.