Dr. Xiaoyong (Brian) Yuan (CS, AC), Dr. Lan Zhang (ECE), and Dr. Chunxiu (Traci) Yu (BME) are seeking paid part-time research assistants to work in the areas of reinforcement learning and brain stimulation therapy. Both undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply. The research is focused on developing reinforcement learning algorithms to enable real-time closed-loop brain stimulation therapy. This is an ideal position for motivated students interested in research about AI and neural engineering.
- Passion for research in reinforcement learning and neural engineering.
- Solid programming skills in Python, Matlab, or related programming language.
- Familiar with basic Linux principles and commands.
- Experience with popular deep learning frameworks, e.g. Pytorch; Tensorflow is a plus.
- Ability to work around 10 hours each week.
- Good communication skills.
To apply, please send a resume and a transcript (unofficial accepted) to Dr. Yuan at email@example.com. (Posted Dec. 6, 2021)
Graduate Research Assistant
Dr. Ashraf Saleem, Applied Computing/Mechatronics Engineering, is seeking a motivated graduate student with experience in using deep learning for object detection and classification. Further, the candidate should have excellent writing skills. The work, 10 hours per week, will start immediately and last until the end of the fall 2021 semester at 10 hours/week. Interested candidates may email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Posted Nov. 2, 2021)