STUDENT EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
- CyberCorps Scholarship for Service Info Session, Sep. 30, 4-5 pm, Rekhi 113
- Spring 2022 PHF Graduate Assistantships applications, due Oct. 14, 4 pm
- Spring 2022 Finishing Fellowship application, due October 21, 4 pm
- MSGC undergraduate and graduate student fellowship applications, due Nov. 3, 12 pm
- Walk-in COVID-19 Testing, Weekly on Mon., Wed., Thur., 9-12, Datolite Room, MUB
- Dean Livesay 's Open Office Hours: Fridays, 2-3 pm, Rekhi 223. All students who wish to chat with Dean Livesay are invited to "drop in." No appointments needed. Open Office Hours will not take place Oct. 1 as the Dean will be traveling.
LECTURES AND SEMINARS
- CS Dept. Lecture Series: Dr. Jingfeng Jiang, Biomedical Engineering, Fri., Oct. 1, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- MS Defense: Junyao Yang, CS, "Efficient Modeling of Random Sampling-Based LRU Cache," Fri., Oct. 8, 2 pm, Rekhi 101
- ICC Distinguished Lecture, Dr. Doina Caragea, Fri., Oct. 29, 3 pm, virtual
- ICC Distinguished Lecture, Dr. Philip E. Bourne, Fri., Nov. 5, 3 pm, on-campus
- CS New Faculty Lecture, Dr. Briana Bettin and Dr. Stefka Hristova, Fri., Nov. 12, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- CS Dept. Lecture Series: Dr. Junqiao Qiu, Computer Science, Fri., Nov. 19, 3 pm, Rekhi 214.
- The Planetary Surface Technology Development Lab (PSTDL), nicknamed “HuskyWorks”, needs talented students to help develop our technology for Lunar and Martian In-situ Resource Utilization technologies for a recently awarded contract with NASA. You may have heard from us in the beginning of September, however we have a new position available. If you want to help us develop space technology, read more here. Direct questions to Elijah Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Austen Goddu (email@example.com).
- Jump Trading is seeking College of Computing students for a summer 2022 internship opportunity. Learn more here or contact Jump Trading representatives Jon Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alex Beaudry (email@example.com).
The Michigan Tech Networking and Computing Student Association (NCSA) and the MTU RedTeam will host an "Overflow to Fall" Capture the Flag (CTF) competition October 1 to 3,
2021. The event will emphasize simulated real-world scenarios to provide valuable
educational experiences. It will be hosted in a tailored environment created by Needle
Stack, an organization run by NSCA alumni. Participants can solve challenges on their
own or with a team of up to ten.
The CTF is open to competitors of all skill levels, including those with no prior experience. Challenge categories include cryptography, digital forensics, password cracking, reverse engineering, open source intelligence (OSINT), and more. Prizes will be awarded to the top three placing teams.
COMPUTING LEARNING CENTER
The College of Computing Learning Center is open for business, on-campus and in-person! The CCLC, in Rekhi Hall, is staffed by upper-level undergraduate students and supported by Michigan Tech's College of Computing. The coaches can help with homework, broad topics, programming tips, and more, Sunday through Friday from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm. Just stop in and get the help you need for success in your computing courses. Appointments are available but not necessary. View the CCLC schedule, meet the coaches, and find additional resources on the CCLC website.
- CCLC webpage
- CCLC schedule
- Discord server
- Canvas page: self-registration
- Canvas page link
View the full Academic Calendar
Friday, Oct 01, 3 p.m., Homecoming Recess
Sunday, Oct 24, 12 p.m., Spring/Summer Registration Begins
Sunday, Nov 07, 11:59 p.m., Spring/Summer Registration Ends
Friday, Nov 19, 10 p.m., Thanksgiving Recess Begins
Monday, Nov 29, Classes Resume
Friday, Dec 10, Last Day of Regular Classes
Monday, Dec 13, Final Exam Period
Friday, Dec 17, Fall Semester Ends
Saturday, Dec 18, Midyear Commencement
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Late submissions may not be included. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.