Take the stage—and the studio.
TV. Theater. Audio books. Video games. Build your career as a working performer.
Theatre and electronic media performance integrates studies in traditional theatre with electronic media performance. You’ll hone your performance skills, not only with stage productions, but with radio and TV commercials, video-game design, and sound projects, making you a well-rounded performer qualified to work in theatre, film, video, digital arts, video-game voice-over, and more.
Learn the techniques and develop the diverse skills the acting industry demands. Whether it's a Michigan Tech production or a national act on tour, students work side-by-side with faculty to make shows happen. Experiment with digital and live performance modalities in our performing arts center and black box theatre. Study at a university with the strong science, technology, engineering, and mathematics programs that give you the edge across transmedia platforms.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Perform in main-stage theatre productions, whether in the high-tech theatre like our Rozsa Performing Arts Center and the traditional McArdle Theatre, or the historic venues like the 108-year-old Calumet Theatre.
- Develop a professional portfolio starting your first semester.
- Work one-on-one with your advisor each semester to talk about your progress and class schedule and to connect you with production experiences at Michigan Tech.
- Attend professional conferences where you’ll meet with industry professionals and present your work.
- Play a role in media projects such as documentary and training films, radio dramas, radio and television commercials, and student film projects.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Professional presentation
- Audiobook narration
- Voice acting
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Independent theaters
- Production companies
"I chose Michigan Tech because when I toured the department I fell in love with the atmosphere. It has a great community feeling."
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Music (concentrations are available in general music, music technology, and jazz idiom)
- Music Composition
- Music Performance
- Technical Theatre
- Theatre Arts
Take Courses Like:
- Modern Theatre History
- Audition Techniques
- Acting for Television and Film
- Vocal Approaches for Theatre and Electronic Media
- Movement for Performers