Manage a Bright Financial Future
Finance professionals are the drivers of business and investment decisions. As a finance major at Michigan Tech, you will master decision-making tools in investment management, corporate management, and financial planning.
Take courses from a rich curriculum that covers a wide range of topics, including corporate finance, derivatives, equity analysis, financial technology, global finance, investment, personal financial planning, real estate, and risk management.
"My classes are small enough to really get to know my professors. These relationships have been critical to my success here. In addition, hands-on class projects such as using different valuation methods to predict stock prices are helping prepare me for my finance career."
Small enough to care. Large enough to lead.
Michigan Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Finance has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for CFA exams.
Be Ready for What Tomorrow Needs:
- Work closely with experienced faculty members who collaborate with professional organizations and corporations in the field. With our approach-able faculty, learning goes beyond the classroom.
- Connect with industry leaders and go on field trips to financial institutions in centers such as Chicago or Minneapolis through the student-led Finance Club.
- Engage in research with faculty. Finance professors conduct research on a variety of leading-edge topics and include students in their projects, which earn national and global attention.
- Apply classroom learning and gain experience by participating in (and winning!) regional and national competitions.
- Get involved in the Applied Portfolio Management Program (APMP)—one of the top 50 student funds in the nation—which gives students real-world experience on the trading room floor by investing nearly $2 million of actual money.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Investment Banking Analysis
- Fund Management
- Portfolio Analysis
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Ernst & Young
- Ameriprise Financial
- Wells Fargo
- Ford Motor Company
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Security Analysis
- Financial Risk Management and Financial Engineering