Follow the money.
Finance is a broad field—areas like financial planning, credit analysis, and investment banking offer exciting challenges and rewards to those who know how to manage money and forecast the financial future. Learn about all of these facets and be ready to tackle the marketplace and with smart investments.
"From the beginning, there was a clear difference between the faculty and students at Michigan Tech versus other universities. Everyone at Tech is extremely friendly and willing to go out of their way to help a fellow Husky out."
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Investing up to $1.5M of real money through the Advanced Portfolio Management Program for an international investment challenge--winning and closing the NASDAQ Stock Exchange in New York
- Gaining real-world experience by working with students across campus for the Business Development Experience where you’ll develop and present a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project
- Visiting Silicon Valley over spring break. You’ll travel to the heart of the tech business world and tour companies like Google and Cisco as well as meet with successful entrepreneurs.
- Getting involved with student organizations such as Finance Club, Entrepreneurs Club, and Kappa Sigma Iota, Michigan Tech’s accounting and finance group.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Investment Banking Analysis
- Fund Management
- Portfolio Analysis
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Ernst & Young
- Ameriprise Financial
- Wells Fargo
- Ford Motor Company
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Security Analysis
- Financial Risk Management and Financial Engineering