Lead teams. Develop products. Pitch your ideas.
Our graduates bridge business and engineering in one of only two engineering management programs in Michigan and 28 in the U.S. recognized by the American Society for Engineering Management.
Engineering managers oversee projects, product design and development, operations; create strategic plans; handle budgets, costs, and financing; and interface with marketing. You’ll complete a comprehensive business curriculum, as well as courses in science, engineering, and math, preparing you to bridge the gap between engineering and business.
Develop emerging technologies through IT Oxygen Enterprise and get paid for it. Pitch your product idea in competitions on and off campus. Meet mentors. Introduce yourself to businesses at Industry Days (and in Silicon Valley). Combine technological problem-solving and decision-making engineering skills with business acumen at a leading STEM university with powerful science, technology, engineering, and math programs.
Crazy Smart Experiences:
- Gaining real-world experience by working with students across campus for the Business Development Experience where you’ll develop and present a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project
- Visiting Silicon Valley over spring break. You’ll travel to the heart of the tech business world and tour companies like Google and Cisco as well as meet with successful entrepreneurs.
- Developing a strong foundation in all aspects of business management, as well as completing courses in science, engineering and math.
- Working one-on-one with professors and in small groups, all while advancing your knowledge through research
- Joining the National Organization for Business and Engineering, or one of our other professional business organizations.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Project Management
- Technical Sales
- Technical Purchasing
- Industrial Management
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Department of Defense
- Ford Motor Company
- Stryker Instruments
- Roehl Transport
Customize your Degree:
Minors available in:
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take Courses Like:
- International Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
- IS/IT Management
"I like the fact that I am getting more knowledge than with just a standard business degree."