Tip: To search this page, use Ctrl (command on Mac) + F.
- Always try to link keywords. Don't use:
- "click here"
- spelled out URLs
- To link words: Command + K (Mac); Control + Command + K (PC)
- Avoid adding links at the end of the sentence. Try not to link periods.
- URLs are all lowercase
- Do not include https:// or www in URLs unless necessary for functionality
- Avoid indicating left or right directionals, as this changes depending on mobile device.
- "Refer to the chart on the right."
- "Using the navigation to the left . . . "
- Touts are notable statistics using a graphic design
- The stat should appear first, followed by a description.
- 187 active research faculty
- Spell out large numbers when room allows. If you must abbreviate “thousand” or “million,”
use a capital letter.
- $60,000,000, $60 million, or $60M
- 60,000, 60 thousand, or 60K
- If referencing a "number one ranking," write out as follows:
- Michigan Tech was ranked No. 1 by USA Today
- In descriptions, use lowercase except for proper nouns or where words should normally
be capitalized. No period at the end.
- public university in Michigan for mid-career salaries of graduates
- companies recruit on campus during Career Fairs
- Study Abroad locations around the world
A field guide is available that provides information about writing for social media.