Academic Agreements

New Agreements

Academic agreements represent an obligation of the university. Per Board Policy 11.13, other than specific board members, only the President and Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs may approve such agreements.

Academic Agreements include any agreement under which academic credits, or students, are transferred between Michigan Tech and a third party institution.  Common terms used to describe agreements within this definition include "articulation agreement" and" 2+2" (or X+X) agreements.

Individuals or units wishing to forge new academic agreements must contact Robin Kolehmainen for the "Academic Agreement Request Form". Robin can also provide information regarding the current review process - routing and required signatures depend on the type of agreement.

All draft agreements must be reviewed and approved by Robin Kolehmainen, in consultation with the General Counsel and external legal counsel as necessary, before the provost's office will consider approval.

Current Agreements

A list of active academic agreements is below:

Additional Information

Graduate Students

Undergraduate Students