Michigan Technological University is a public research university, home to more than 7,000 students from 60 countries around the world. Founded in 1885, the University offers more than 120 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in science, technology, engineering, and math; forestry; business and economics; health professions; humanities; and social sciences. Our beautiful campus in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula overlooks the Keweenaw Waterway and is just a few miles from Lake Superior.
Faculty Hiring Initiative
Michigan Technological University has launched a hiring initiative across multiple disciplines at both the tenure-track and instructional-track levels. Current positions in this hiring initiative are listed and linked below:
- Civil Engineering: Assistant Professor
- Construction Engineering/Management: Professor of Practice
- Chemical Engineering: Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor and Department Chair
- Chemistry (chair): (job description expected soon)
- Cybersecurity and informatics: Assistant Professor
- Computer Science: Assistant Professorand Assistant, Associate, or Full Teaching Professor
- Computer Engineering: Assistant Professor
- Economics (job description expected soon)
- Electrical Engineering: Assistant Professor
- Environmental Engineering: Assistant Professor
- Engineering Fundamentals: Assistant Teaching Professor
- Human Factors (job description expected soon)
- Humanities: Assistant Professor of Composition
- Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology (job description expected soon)
- Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology: Assistant Professor, Assistant Teaching Professor, or Professor of Practice
- Mechanical Engineering – Engineering Mechanics: Assistant or Associate Professor
- Mechatronics, Electrical, and Robotics Engineering Technology (MERET) program: Assistant Teaching Professor
- Physics: Assistant Professor
- Transportation Engineering (job description expected soon)
If you want to work at one of the nation’s premier technological universities, in an environment that is committed to DEI, and live in one of the top small towns in the US – with year-round outdoor adventure like skiing, biking, and hiking – we strongly encourage you to apply.
Partner Engagement Support
Candidates selected for on-campus interviews for any open position will be offered the opportunity to bring a guest with them for their visit. Michigan Tech actively supports dual-career partners to retain a quality workforce by offering career advice and assistance in finding positions at the University and the local community. For more information see our partner engagement program page.
About Michigan Tech
Michigan Tech is located in Houghton, Michigan and is home to more than 7,000 students from 55 countries around the world. Our seven Colleges and Schools develop, apply, and communicate science, engineering, technology, and mathematics in more than 140 graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
Founded in 1885, Michigan Tech is a leading public research institution. With more than $94 million in total research expenditures and 18 research centers and institutes, the University fosters a world-class and diverse faculty, staff, and student population. Our beautiful campus in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula overlooks the Keweenaw Waterway and is just a few miles from Lake Superior.
Michigan Tech is an ADVANCE Institution, and has twice received National Science Foundation funds in support of efforts to increase diversity, inclusion, and the participation and advancement of women and underrepresented individuals in STEM.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
All Academic Positions
In addition to special hiring , Michigan Tech typically has a variety of open academic positions at any given time that can be divided into two broad categories:
Academic Administration: Academic deans and department chairs.
Academic Faculty: includes tenure-track, instructional-track, and non-tenure-track positions.