Regular, periodic reviews of academic degree programs provide a formal process for thorough, fact-based documentation and evaluation of the programs, the infrastructure supporting them, and the plans for their growth and improvement.
Documents explaining Periodic Program Review are available for:
- Academic Program Procedures (for all programs) - updated 11/7/2018
- Graduate Program Procedures (supplemental) - updated 4/19/2017
- Appendices referenced in Graduate Procedure- updated 8/31/2018
Internal review of programs housed in a college is overseen by the cognizant dean.
Internal review of programs housed in a school is overseen by the provost’s office.
- External Program Review Self-Study Report Template - updated 9/28/2018
- This template is intended for academic departments with undergraduate, graduate, and/or interdisciplinary programs not otherwise reviewed by a professional accrediting body.
- For degree programs reviewed by professional accreditors, units should conduct the associated self-study following the accreditors’ guidelines.
- Boiler Plate Files - new 10/22/2018
- Documents that contain standard information applicable to all programs to assist with preparation of the self-study.
- Also included is a CV template. Two-page CVs can also be generated by running certain DigitalMeasures reports (e.g. ABET Appendix B - Faculty Vitae).
- Honorarium Processing Details:
- External reviewer honorariums should use code E921.
- Internal reviewers are compensated by either (at the discretion of the recipient):
- additional compensation through Employee Status Change Form ("gold form"), or
- budget transfer to the reviewer's IRAD index.