Exchange Students (Undergraduate)
Students from international partner universities may be admitted for up to one year of studies on our campus with the permission of their home university. Admission to Michigan Technological University is selective, competitive, and requires sufficient language proficiency. Please consult your home university's international office for more information.
1. Completed and submitted undergraduate online application. There is no application fee.
2. Official English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS or its equivalent) sent directly to Michigan Tech by the testing agency. A complete list of English language proficiency requirements is available. NOTE: Even if you do not meet our requirements, test scores are required to help us determine your current level of proficiency.
3. Official transcripts from your home university.
Upon admission and prior to issuance of the form DS-2019, please submit the documents listed below:
1. A completed Affidavit of Financial Support form.
2. Bank statement demonstrating sufficient funds for duration of studies.
3. Copy of passport information/photo page.
To receive your admissions documents through express and secured delivery, please utilize eShipGlobal.
Exchange students are required to be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester while studying at Michigan Tech. Review the online course descriptions online at mtu.edu/registrar to choose your preferred courses. Once you have decided on the courses you would like to enroll in, complete the Incoming Exchange Student Course Planning Sheet and send to email@example.com. We recommend selecting at least 8-10 courses in order of preference. Due to time conflicts and high course demands, enrollment in preferred courses is not guaranteed.