Exchange Students (Undergraduate)
Students from international partner universities may be admitted for up to one year of studies on our campus with the permission of their home university. Admission to Michigan Technological University is selective, competitive, and requires sufficient language proficiency. Please consult your home university's international office for more information.
1. Completed and submitted undergraduate online application. There is no application fee.
2. Official English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS or its equivalent) sent directly to Michigan Tech by the testing agency. A complete list of English language proficiency requirements is available. NOTE: Even if you do not meet our requirements, test scores are required to help us determine your current level of proficiency.
Upon admission and prior to issuance of the form DS-2019, please submit the documents listed below:
1. A completed Affidavit of Financial Support form.
2. Bank statement demonstrating sufficient funds for duraton of studies.
NOTE: Both documents must be dated no earlier than 12 months before your intended start date. Applicants may scan and email the documents to us. Please make sure that your M#, given name and family name are included on each page.
3. Copy of passport information/photo page.
To receive your admissions documents through express and secured delivery, please utilize eShipGlobal.
Study the online course descriptions online at mtu.edu/registrar to choose courses that you need. Once you have decided on the courses you would like to enroll in, complete the Incoming Exchange Student Course Planning Sheet and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.