Multidisciplinary, Real-world Project Experience on Campus
Enterprise is a capstone option and more.
Michigan Tech's exclusive Enterprise program aims to connects students and industry through open-ended, real world client sponsored projects. Students enroll in one of over 20 Enterprise teams across campus that cover a variety of technical focus areas. Teams design using industry-recognized CAD/CAE software packages in dedicated Enterprise Team spaces while collaborating on cloud-based, real-time messaging and file-sharing platforms. Students of all majors are represented across Enterprise. Faculty members act as mentors while industry experts from a myriad of sectors serve as client/mentors, helping students make the transition from campus to early career.
Sample Focus Areas
- Off-road Competition Vehicle
- Spark Ignition Snowmobile
- Affordable Race Car
- High-efficiency Supermileage Systems
- Metallic Systems Testing
- Aerospace Mission
- Alternative Energy Development
- Composite Materials for Snowboards
- Infrastructure and Waste Management
- Consumer Product Innovation
- Outdoor Recreational Equipment
- Carbon Footprint Management
- Human Health
- Global and Grand Challenges
- Planetary and Extreme Environments
- Open Source
- Defense Technologies
Participate in Enterprise
Students may take ENT courses as early as their first semester.
The Interdisciplinary Enterprise Minor is for those in a major where Enterprise is not built into the curriculum.
Enterprise is one of the areas of focus for students designing an Honors Pathway.