- Vice President, R&D
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1995, Michigan Technological University
- Senior Metallurgist
- Ames Laboratory
- BS, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, 1975, Michigan Technological University
- Dr. Iver E. Anderson is a Senior Metallurgist at Ames Laboratory (USDOE) and Adjunct Professor in the Materials Science and Engineering department at Iowa State University.
Russell A. Becker
- President and CEO
- APi Group Inc.
- BS, Civil Engineering, 1989, Michigan Technological University
- MS, Civil Engineering, 1991, Michigan Technological University
- Russell (Russ) Becker is the chief executive officer and president of APi Group Inc., one of the largest specialty contractors in North America. Since Russ was named president in 2002, APi Group has strategically acquired more than 50 independently managed life safety, energy, specialty construction and infrastructure companies.
- North American Packaging Group Marketing Director and Global Food and Specialty Packaging Market Segment Team Leader
- Packaging & Specialty Plastics - Houston
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1999, Michigan Technological University
- MBA, Northwood University
- Rice University Accelerated Development Program
- Michelle Boven is responsible for driving value growth and innovation through strategic oversight of marketing plans, project implementation and resource allocation while leading a team of marketing managers.
- She serves on Dow’s Disability Employee Network Houston Steering Team, Dow’s Women’s Innovation Network Houston Steering team, and the Dow/Michigan Tech Steering team. She leads the Dow/Michigan Tech campus recruiting efforts.
- Associate Professor
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
- BS, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, 2000, Michigan Technological University
- MS, PhD, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- Among her recognitions are the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the TMS Young Leader Professional Development and International Scholar awards, and the Michigan Tech Alumni Association's Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
- General Manager
- Hybrid Cloud Services & Portfolio Strategy
- IBM Global Technology Services
- BS, Chemical Engineering, 1983, Michigan Technological University
- PhD, 1988, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Since 2010 , Jim Comfort has been shaping the definition of the IBM Cloud Platform for transformation of IBM’s service delivery operational model.
- Chair of CoE Engineering Advisory Board
- Director of Engineering Services Group
- R&D, Boston Scientific
- BS, Chemical Engineering, 1984, Michigan Technological University
- MBA and Certificate of Entrepreneurship, St. Thomas
As an R&D director at Boston Scientific Corporation, Heather Getty works with a cross-functional team of experts to develop products and solutions for treating diseases using minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Getty graduated from Michigan Tech with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, and immediately began working at Honeywell. While on the job she completed an MBA from St. Thomas University. After six years in manufacturing she moved into Honeywell’s Material Test and Analysis (MTAC) group, and later began working on the development of demilitarization concepts, including exploring options to reclaim materials from ammunition dumps around the world. After 11 years, she leapt at the chance to join the R&D group at Schneider, now part of Boston Scientific, to follow her passion of improving lives.
Now, with more than 21 years total at Boston Scientific, Getty leads a team of 60 managers, engineers, and technicians who develop new products for the company.
- Sr. Therapy Director
- Spinal Cord Stimulation and Early Interventions
- Medtronic Neuromodulation
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1989, Michigan Technological University
- MS, EE/CE, 1993, Marquette University
- Mark resides in Woodbury, MN. His son is a 2018 Michigan Tech alumnus in Computer Science.
Jon E. Jipping
- Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1988, Calvin College
- MS, Electrical Engineering, 1991, Michigan Technological University
- Jon Jipping is responsible for system operations, planning engineering, supply chain, field construction and maintenance and information technology.
- Jon has served on industry boards and committees with the Edison Electric Institute, the Electric Power Research Institute, and the North American Transmission Forum.
- Chief Engineer
- Core E/E Components & Subsystems
- Ford Motor Company
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1989, Michigan Technological University
- Vice President
- Global Product Organization
- Whirlpool Corporation
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1993, Michigan Technological University
- Pamela Klyn is passionate about helping younger talent in the organization grow and develop. In addition to serving as a mentor for a number of individuals at Whirlpool, Pam is also co-lead of the Whirlpool Women’s Network.
- She is a member of the Presidential Council of Alumnae.
- Principal Mining Engineer
- Global Resource Engineering
- BS, Mining Engineering, 1982, Michigan Technological University
- Terre Lane served in a number of positions and capacities in the mining engineering world. She has worked at locations around the world including the US, Canada, Mexico, India, Ireland, China, Bolivia, Peru, Costa Rica, Africa, and New Zealand.
- The Engineering Society of Detroit
- BA, University of Southern Mississippi
- Under Robert Magee’s leadership, ESD has refocused its mission to maintain Michigan’s position a global hub for engineering and engineering leaders.
- Manager, Customer Technical Services
- ArcelorMittal USA
- BS, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, 1987, Michigan Technological University
- MBA, 2000, Indiana University
- Joe Nowosad has been the Lead Recruiter for ArcelorMittal’s Talent Acquisition at Michigan Tech. He was instrumental in getting the first industry day themed event on campus - “Steel Day.”
- In 2015, Joe was honored with the Michigan Tech Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Director and Deputy
- Tactical Systems Advanced Development Programs - Skunk Works ®
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1986, Michigan Technological University
- Principal Scientist – R&D
- New Products and Capabilities Development
- Mott Corporation
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- MS, Materials Science and Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- PhD, Materials Science and Engineering, University of Connecticut
- Dr. James Steele is R&D Scientist at Mott Corporation and parent to a Michigan Tech alumna with a dual major (ME-EM and MSE).
- Arena Energy
- BS, Geological Engineering, 1985, Michigan Technological University
- Since co-founding Arena Energy in 1999, Todd Stone has focused on opportunity generation and management of the company’s opportunity-generating staff and systems.