- Vice President, R&D
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1995, Michigan Technological University
- Senior Metallurgist
- Ames Laboratory
- BS, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, 1975, Michigan Technological University
- Dr. Iver E. Anderson is a Senior Metallurgist at Ames Laboratory (USDOE) and Adjunct Professor in the Materials Science and Engineering department at Iowa State University.
Russell A. Becker
- President and CEO
- APi Group Inc.
- BS, Civil Engineering, 1989, Michigan Technological University
- MS, Civil Engineering, 1991, Michigan Technological University
- Russell (Russ) Becker is the chief executive officer and president of APi Group Inc., one of the largest specialty contractors in North America. Since Russ was named president in 2002, APi Group has strategically acquired more than 50 independently managed life safety, energy, specialty construction and infrastructure companies.
- North American Packaging Group Marketing Director and Global Food and Specialty Packaging Market Segment Team Leader
- Packaging & Specialty Plastics - Houston
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1999, Michigan Technological University
- MBA, Northwood University
- Rice University Accelerated Development Program
- Michelle Boven is responsible for driving value growth and innovation through strategic oversight of marketing plans, project implementation and resource allocation while leading a team of marketing managers.
- She serves on Dow’s Disability Employee Network Houston Steering Team, Dow’s Women’s Innovation Network Houston Steering team, and the Dow/Michigan Tech Steering team. She leads the Dow/Michigan Tech campus recruiting efforts.
- President and CEO
- Force Multiplying Strategies LLC
- BS, Metallurgical Engineering, 1990, Michigan Technological University
- Dr. Daniel Branagan is the President and CEO of Force Multiplying Strategies LLC. Before then, he was the founder and Chief Technical Officer of The NanoSteel Company. Prior to NanoSteel, he was a Staff Scientist at the Idaho National Laboratory, USDOE, an Adjunct Professor at The University of Idaho, and an Associate Scientist at Ames Laboratory, USDOE. For over 25 years, he has focused on the development and commercialization of paradigm changing disruptive materials nanotechnology in various mainstream industries including 3rd Generation Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) for structural lightweighting of vehicular architecture. Dr. Branagan’s research on steel nanotechnology has focused on solutions to material challenges through the usage of non-toxic and recyclable materials enabling increased usage of abundant and sustainable natural resources. Through his innovative research efforts, he holds over 300 pending and granted US and International patents.
- Associate Professor
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
- BS, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, 2000, Michigan Technological University
- MS, PhD, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- Among her recognitions are the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, the TMS Young Leader Professional Development and International Scholar awards, and the Michigan Tech Alumni Association's Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
- General Manager
- Hybrid Cloud Services & Portfolio Strategy
- IBM Global Technology Services
- BS, Chemical Engineering, 1983, Michigan Technological University
- PhD, 1988, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Since 2010 , Jim Comfort has been shaping the definition of the IBM Cloud Platform for transformation of IBM’s service delivery operational model.
- Chair of CoE Engineering Advisory Board
- Director of Engineering Services Group
- R&D, Boston Scientific
- BS, Chemical Engineering, 1984, Michigan Technological University
- MBA and Certificate of Entrepreneurship, St. Thomas
As an R&D director at Boston Scientific Corporation, Heather Getty works with a cross-functional team of experts to develop products and solutions for treating diseases using minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Getty graduated from Michigan Tech with a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, and immediately began working at Honeywell. While on the job she completed an MBA from St. Thomas University. After six years in manufacturing she moved into Honeywell’s Material Test and Analysis (MTAC) group, and later began working on the development of demilitarization concepts, including exploring options to reclaim materials from ammunition dumps around the world. After 11 years, she leapt at the chance to join the R&D group at Schneider, now part of Boston Scientific, to follow her passion of improving lives.
Now, with more than 21 years total at Boston Scientific, Getty leads a team of 60 managers, engineers, and technicians who develop new products for the company.
- Medical Device R&D Consultant
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1989, Michigan Technological University
- MS, EE/CE, 1993, Marquette University
- Mark resides in Woodbury, MN. His son is a 2018 Michigan Tech alumnus in Computer Science.
- Vice President
- Global Product Organization
- Whirlpool Corporation
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1993, Michigan Technological University
- Pamela Klyn is passionate about helping younger talent in the organization grow and develop. In addition to serving as a mentor for a number of individuals at Whirlpool, Pam is also co-lead of the Whirlpool Women’s Network.
- She is a member of the Presidential Council of Alumnae.
- Vice President
- Chevron Energy Technology Company
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1981, Michigan Technological University
- Roy Krzywosinski is Vice President, Engineering within Chevron Energy Technology Company. Prior to this assignment, Roy was the managing director of Chevron Australia located in Perth, Western Australia. Roy joined Chevron Corporation in 1981.
- Principal Mining Engineer
- Global Resource Engineering
- BS, Mining Engineering, 1982, Michigan Technological University
- Terre Lane served in a number of positions and capacities in the mining engineering world. She has worked at locations around the world including the US, Canada, Mexico, India, Ireland, China, Bolivia, Peru, Costa Rica, Africa, and New Zealand.
Kenneth (K.C.) Leisenring
- Chief Engineer
- Powertrain Calibration
- Ford Motor Company
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1993, Michigan Technological University
- The Engineering Society of Detroit
- BA, University of Southern Mississippi
- Under Robert Magee’s leadership, ESD has refocused its mission to maintain Michigan’s position a global hub for engineering and engineering leaders.
- Director and Deputy
- Tactical Systems Advanced Development Programs - Skunk Works ®
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- BS, Electrical Engineering, 1986, Michigan Technological University
Luke T. Spalj, PE
- CEO, Water Resources Group
- BS, Civil Engineering, 1986, Michigan Technological University
- Luke was born and raised in the construction business. He worked as a youth and into adulthood for the family-owned and operated Spalj Construction Company until its sale to Quanta Service’s (NYSE: PWR) in 1997.
- He worked for Quanta Services, eventually becoming the president of its telecommunication and specialty services division, until his departure in 2004. From 2004 to 2017, Luke was the chairman of Rice Lake Construction Group. Currently, Luke is the CEO of Water Resources Group, one of the nation’s largest firms in the country that serves the Water Treatment and Utility markets.
- Luke was also employed with S.J. Groves Construction and Austin P. Keller Construction after college. While at Groves, he was a field engineer on a $1 billion Melvin Price Lock and Dam construction project for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Alton, IL.
- Luke is a registered professional engineer with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Michigan Technological University.
- Luke also serves as a director of Highwater Ethanol and Charp’s Pipeline, LLC. He has also been an owner and a director of Deerwood Bancorp of Deerwood, Minnesota, since 1997.
- Principal Scientist – R&D
- New Products and Capabilities Development
- Mott Corporation
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- MS, Materials Science and Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- PhD, Materials Science and Engineering, University of Connecticut
- Dr. James Steele is R&D Scientist at Mott Corporation and parent to a Michigan Tech alumna with a dual major (ME-EM and MSE).
- Arena Energy
- BS, Geological Engineering, 1985, Michigan Technological University
- Since co-founding Arena Energy in 1999, Todd Stone has focused on opportunity generation and management of the company’s opportunity-generating staff and systems.
- Technical Fellow
- Global Propulsion Systems
- General Motors Company
- PhD, Metallurgical Engineering, 1991, Michigan Technological University
- PhD, FASM, FSAE
Monique Q. Wells
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- AAS, Chemical Engineering Technology, 1999, Michigan Technological University
BS, Chemical Engineering, 2002, Michigan Technological University
MS, Career and Technical Education, 2010, University of Toledo