Lan (Emily) Zhang
- EERC 623
- Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Affiliated Assistant Professor, Computer Science
- PhD, Computer Engineering, University of Florida
- MS, Wireless Communications, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
- BS, Telecommunication Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
Dr. Zhang's research interest spans the fields of distributed machine learning, wireless communications, and cybersecurity in various CPS/IoT applications. She is currently an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technologies. She served as the technical program committee (TPC) member and reviewer of several leading journals/conferences. She was the speaker of several flagship celebrations or conferences, such as IEEE Global Communications Conference, Grace Hopper Celebration, IEEE International Conference on Communications, etc.
Links of Interest
- EE/CS 5821 Computational Intelligence
- EE4723 Network Security
- EE4370 IoT Application and Design
Areas of Interest
- Wireless Communications (e.g., RIS, mmWave, CPS, industrial-IoT)
- Big Data (e.g., machine learning, smart transportation, eHealth)
- Cybersecurity and Privacy (e.g., IoT/CPS, learning pipeline, blockchain)
- L. Zhang, L. Yan, B. Lin, H. Ding, Y. Fang and X. Fang, "Augmenting Transmission Environments for Better Communications: Tunable Reflector Assisted MmWave WLANs," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 69, no. 7, pp. 7416-7428, July 2020, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2020.2991547.
- R. Lu, L. Zhang, J. Ni and Y. Fang, "5G Vehicle-to-Everything Services: Gearing Up for Security and Privacy," in Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 373-389, Feb. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JPROC.2019.2948302.
- L. Zhang, L. Yan, Y. Fang, X. Fang and X. Huang, "A Machine Learning-Based Defensive Alerting System Against Reckless Driving in Vehicular Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 68, no. 12, pp. 12227-12238, Dec. 2019, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2019.2945398.