Lan (Emily) Zhang
- EERC 623
- Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Affiliated Assistant Professor, Computer Science
- PhD, Computer Engineering, University of Florida
- MS, Wireless Communications, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
- BS, Telecommunication Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
Dr. Zhang's research interest spans across the fields of wireless communications, cyber-physical systems, machine learning, and cybersecurity and privacy. Dr. Zhang served as the technical program committee (TPC) member in several high-quality conferences, such as 2020 IEEE INFOCOM poster/demo section, 2018 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications. She also served as the reviewer of several leading journals, such as IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Computing, etc. She was the speaker of several flagship celebrations or conferences, such as IEEE Global Communications Conference 19, Grace Hopper Celebration 19, IEEE International Conference on Communications 19, etc.
Links of Interest
- EE/CS 5821 Computational Intelligence
Areas of Interest
- Wireless Communications (e.g., RIS, mmWave, CPS, industrial-IoT )
- Big Data (e.g., machine learning, smart transportation, eHealth)
- Cybersecurity and Privacy (e.g., IoT/CPS, learning pipeline, blockchain)
- L. Zhang, L. Yan, B. Lin, H. Ding, Y. Fang and X. Fang, "Augmenting Transmission Environments for Better Communications: Tunable Reflector Assisted MmWave WLANs," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 69, no. 7, pp. 7416-7428, July 2020, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2020.2991547.
- R. Lu, L. Zhang, J. Ni and Y. Fang, "5G Vehicle-to-Everything Services: Gearing Up for Security and Privacy," in Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 373-389, Feb. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JPROC.2019.2948302.
- L. Zhang, L. Yan, Y. Fang, X. Fang and X. Huang, "A Machine Learning-Based Defensive Alerting System Against Reckless Driving in Vehicular Networks," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 68, no. 12, pp. 12227-12238, Dec. 2019, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2019.2945398.