- EERC 729
- Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Electrical Engineering (Applied Physics), University of California, San Diego
- MS, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Sabanci University
- BS, Physics, Bosphorus (Bogazici) University
Durdu Güney is an associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan Tech. Prior to Michigan Tech he was a postdoctoral fellow in the US Department of Energy’s Ames Laboratory and Iowa State University. He received his PhD in Electrical Engineering (Applied Physics) from the University of California, San Diego in 2007. Prof. Güney is a recipient of 2012 Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award given by the Oak Ridge Associated Universities. Current research activities of Prof. Güney include photonic quantum computing, quantum manipulation of light with metamaterials and metasurfaces, magneto-optical metamaterials, and novel noise mitigation techniques for optical imaging. He is on the editorial boards of Opto-Electronic Advances, Journal of Quantum Information Science, Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology, Applied Sciences, and Photonics.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Metamaterials, metasurfaces, photonic crystals, plasmonics
- Quantum optics
- Quantum computing, communications, and cryptography
- Optical imaging
- James E. Davis and D. O. Guney, Effect of loss on linear optical quantum logic gates, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 38, C153 (2021).
- A. Ghoshroy, W. Adams, and D. O. Guney, Theory of coherent active convolved illumination for superresolution enhancement, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 37, 2452 (2020).
- A. Ghoshroy, S. K. Ozdemir, and D. O. Guney, Loss compensation in metamaterials and plasmonics with virtual gain [Invited], Opt. Mater. Express 10, 1862 (2020).
- S. A. Uriri, T. Tashima, X. Zhang, M. Asano, M. Bechu, D. O. Guney, T. Yamamoto, S. K. Ozdemir, M. Wegener, and M. S. Tame, Active control of a plasmonic metamaterial for quantum state engineering, Phys. Rev. A 97, 053810 (2018).
- W. Adams, A. Ghoshroy, and D. O. Guney, Plasmonic superlens imaging enhanced by incoherent active convolved illumination, ACS Photonics 5, 1294 (2018).
- J. T. Davies, C. Rickerd, M. Grimes, and D. O. Guney, An n-bit general implementation of Shor's quantum period-finding algorithm, Quantum Information & Computation 16, 700 (2016).
- M. Sadatgol, M. Rahman, E. Forati, M. Levy, and D. O. Guney, Enhanced Faraday rotation in hybrid magneto-optical metamaterial structure of bismuth-substituted-iron-garnet with embedded-gold-wires, J. Appl. Phys. 119, 103105 (2016).
- J. Gwamuri, A. Vora, J. Mayandi, D. O. Guney, P. Bergstrom, and J. M. Pearce, A new method of preparing highly conductive ultra-thin indium tin oxide for plasmonic-enhanced thin film solar photovoltaic devices, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 149, 250 (2016).
- M. Asano, M. Bechu, M. Tame, S. K. Ozdemir, R. Ikuta, D. O. Guney, T. Yamamoto, L. Yang, M. Wegener, and N. Imoto, Distillation of photon entanglement using a plasmonic metamaterial, Sci. Rep. 5, 18313 (2015).
- M. Sadatgol, S. K. Ozdemir, L. Yang, and D. O. Guney, Plasmon injection to compensate and control losses in negative index metamaterials, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 035502 (2015).
- R. Sinha, M. Karabiyik, C. Al-Amin, P. K. Vabbina, D. Ö. Güney, and N. Pala, Tunable room temperature THz sources based on nonlinear mixing in a hybrid optical and THz micro-ring resonator, Sci. Rep. 5, 9422 (2015).
- M. E. Hanafy, M. C. Roggemann, and D. O. Guney, Reconstruction of images degraded by aerosol scattering and measurement noise, Opt. Eng. 54, 033101 (2015).
- D. O. Guney, Th. Koschny, and C. M. Soukoulis, Reducing ohmic losses in metamaterials by geometric tailoring, Phys. Rev. B 80, 125129 (2009).