The Cultural Events Fund, administered through a collaborative committee, was instituted in 2018 in an effort to support cultural events and programs hosted by student organizations.
- Pool funds to maximize the impact of cultural events on campus to improve the efficiency of communications between student organizations and funding sources.
- This fund will be managed by contributors to the fund; and funds will be allocated based on the criteria of the rubric.
The purpose of the Cultural Event Fund is to increase the campus community's knowledge and/or appreciation of diversity and/or inclusion by providing financial support for student driven events and activities.
Examples of events that have been funded in the past:
- Cultural Nights (African Night, Chinese Night)
- Art Displays/Workshops/Dances (Soul Train)
- Performances/Celebrations (Pow Wow, Diwali Night, Chinese New Year)
Event Fund Request
Students organizations looking to utilize the Cultural Events Fund, need to complete the following requirements:
- Submit an application
- Meet minimum rubric requirements
- Agree to not solicit the departments and individuals from the following list:
- Institutional Equity
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- International Programs and Services
- Graduate Student Government
- Michigan Tech Alumni Board of Directors
- Complete an event summary- event summaries are shared with the Cultural Events Fund Committee, and successful completion will help determine funding for future request
Apply for Funding
Student organizations looking to apply for funding, need to complete this Google Form.
Giving to the Cultural Event Fund
If you would like to contribute to the fund, please see the Michigan Tech Giving page for the Cultural Event Fund. Giving to the Cultural Event Fund ensures that the activities and events the Fund supports continue now and into the future. Once on Michigan Tech's Giving page, please designate your gift to "The Cultural Events Fund" in the space provided.