Michigan Tech's accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides foundational skills—plus the cross-discipline advantage of studying at a top engineering and technology research university.
Professionals need specific skills, knowledge, and experience to succeed in the business world. Whatever your goals, our accredited graduate program is designed to give you the comprehensive education you need to succeed.
The two-semester, 30-credit TechMBA® program with evening classes focuses on technology and decision-making, leadership and management skills, and innovation and strategy. Additional education in corporate social responsibility, ethics, and legal issues is integrated throughout the curriculum.
Receive the same outstanding Michigan Tech education online or on-campus. Choose the education delivery option that is best for you:
No. 5of the Best Michigan MBA Schools
2semesters to complete the TechMBA® program
100%placement rate for graduate students in the College of Business
Welcome Traverse City Professionals
The TechMBA® is offered in the Grand Traverse area. Working professionals can earn a master's of business administration on their own schedule (referred to as synchronously learning) along with peers.
- 14 weeks of remote instruction
- Free application
- MGT4600 - Management of Technology and Innovation
- MGT3800 - Entrepreneurship
- MGT4500 - Managing Change in Organizations
- MGT4100 - International Management
- EC3400 - Economic Decision Analysis (may be counted as an elective by ONLY Accelerated TechMBA® students)
Electives in the TechMBA® may be double-counted by MTU undergraduate students who are admitted as Accelerated TechMBA® students.
- Prerequisite courses required for TechMBA®: Statistics and Principles of Economics
- The TechMBA® is structured to be completed in two consecutive semesters beginning in the fall with four required courses per semester (12 credits) plus one elective (3 credits) for a total of 15 credits each of the two semesters. Due to course offerings and prerequisites, students who deviate from this one-year schedule will need additional time to complete the program requirements.
- Students who wish to take the MBA courses under Senior Rule must first be admitted to the program.
This option requires a minimum of 30 credits be earned through coursework. A limited number of research credits may be used with the approval of the advisor, department, and Graduate School. See degree requirements for more information.
A graduate program may require an oral or written examination before conferring the degree and may require more than the minimum credits listed here:
|5000-6000 series (minimum)||18 Credits|
|3000-4000 (maximum)||12 Credits|
- All bachelor's degree-seeking students from Michigan Tech with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible to become Accelerated TechMBA® students.
- Undergraduate students can apply to become Accelerated TechMBA® students any time upon attaining senior class standing, but must apply prior to being awarded their bachelor's degree.
- Students who have already graduated from Michigan Tech may not retroactively enroll as Accelerated TechMBA® students.
- Michigan Tech students who qualify to become Accelerated TechMBA® students are not required to submit GRE/GMAT scores for admission.
- Upon acceptance, Accelerated TechMBA® students must meet with the TechMBA® program director and/or academic advisor to document the TechMBA® elective courses that can be double-counted toward both one's undergraduate and TechMBA® degree and courses that may be used under the Senior Rule.
- Under Senior Rule a student may take up to 9 credit hours of MBA coursework while an undergraduate. Senior Rule credits are independent of double-counted elective courses.
- All double-counted courses used as Accelerated TechMBA® elective courses must have a grade of B or higher.
Prerequisites and Recommended Courses
In order to prepare you to begin the Michigan Tech MBA program, we require successful completion with a grade of C or better in Principles of Economics and Statistics. We also recommend the following courses to prepare students: Accounting, Finance, and Economic Decision Analysis.
Contact MBA admissions staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-487-3440 for more information and to set a meeting to discuss your transcripts for qualification prior to the application process.
Graduate Transfer Credits
The TechMBA® program accepts a maximum of six (6) graduate credits taken prior to the semester that you are formally admitted and enrolled. This includes transfer credits from other institutions and graduate courses taken at Michigan Tech. Courses must meet College of Business criteria to be considered for transfer credit. Additionally, any courses that are transferred must be from a business program that is AACSB accredited. Please discuss any requested credits with MBA program staff prior to registering for courses.