Admitted students are recommended to submit their financial documents by May 1st for an on-time enrollment for Fall 2018! For information about sending visa and financial documents via express shipping, click here.
Michigan Tech is a premier technological university of international stature. Our alumni have successfully demonstrated that they have the skills and experiences necessary to address the needs of a complex and rapidly changing world. Because our graduates truly do create the future and change the world, Michigan Tech enrolls a large number of international graduate students who want to make a difference.
Programs & Costs
The Michigan Tech Graduate School has one tuition rate—international students do not pay an “out-of-state” or international rate. Academic year tuition and fees are provided on our Cost of Education page. If you've been admitted, you can find information regarding courses, registering for classes, paying your student bill and more on our Resources for Admitted Students page.
- In most cases, international students residing overseas are not eligible for our
- Please refer to our authorization page for a list of countries where we can offer online education.
- International students cannot pursue a graduate certificate on campus unless they are also pursuing a graduate degree.
- Unless otherwise authorized through participation in a negotiated agreement, international students are not eligible for non-degree seeking status.
- However, F2 dependents may apply to take classes as non-degree seeking students.
- Provisional Admission: Academically eligible students who do not meet the English language proficiency requirements for their intended graduate program may be granted provisional admission in order to successfully complete training in our English as a Second Language program (ESL). Not all graduate programs offer provisional admission.
Following acceptance, international Students will need to submit:
- Certificate of Finances Form to show proof of funding
- I-20 Transfer Form (for Transferring International Students only)
Further information for accepted international students can be found on the Resources for Admitted International Students page.
For express shipping of Visa paperwork Michigan Tech partners with eShip Global to send your immigration documents through FedEx or UPS. DHL pick-up is unavailable at our university's location.
- To request express shipping, you must first create an account with eShip Global.
- Request your shipment by choosing the "Receive" option with your account
- You must provide your Michigan Tech ID (M number), mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information.
- Select Graduate School as the recipient of the mailing labels.
- You will receive a tracking number when you submit your request, which will allow you to track the status of your shipment on the eShip Global web site.