Departmental Safety Manual
This addendum is intended to expand upon University rules that affect activities in the Department of Biological Sciences. Rather than repeat the University version, it is intended that users read both the University Safety Manual and the department’s addendum.
The University Safety Manual is maintained by Michigan Technological University’s Occupational Safety and Health Services.
The Departmental Safety Manual is maintained by the Department of Biological Sciences. It applies to all labs, facilities, and offices operated by the department for the purposes of research, instruction, or administration.
Safety Training Forms
- General Safety Training Form
- Supervised Lab Safety Training Form
- Unsupervised Lab Safety Training Form
Departmental Training Required Reading
- University Safety Manual
- Michigan Tech Biosafety Manual
- Hazard Communication Plan
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Emergency Guide
Departmental Safety Resources
Lab Safety Training Video
Class Trip Forms
- Class Trip - Front Page
- Class Trip - Instructor's Responsibilities
- Class Trip - Student's Responsibilities
- Class Trip - Form