Participating in the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair
This year, our Virtual Spring Involvement Fair provides an opportunity for our Registered Student Organizations to meet new students, advertise their organization, and share all of the great things they are up to!
Signing Up for Virtual Spring Involvement Fair as an RSO
Virtual Spring Involvement Fair registration will close Thursday, January 14 at noon.
For virtual registration:
- Log in to Involvement Link
- Select the organization you would like to register for the "Fireside Involvement Fair"
- Select “Manage Organization” from the top right corner
- You should see “Upcoming Virtual Fair Events” with the Fireside Fair information and a blue button that says “Sign Up” - Click that to complete your registration.
You will need a short description and a link for a Zoom (or virtual platform of choice) meeting. The virtual meeting should be set up for Thursday, January 14 from 1 p.m.–3 p.m.. Prospective members will be able to select “Meet Online” during that time for your organization and talk to officers/members that you have on the call. If you cannot have someone on the virtual call for the entire 2 hours, please note the times you will be there in your description. Students will only be directed to use the meeting link from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. on that day.
**Note: You will not be able to edit your description, so please make sure it is what you want. Also, it has a 200 character limit.
Virtual RSO Profile
In order to get the most out of the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair, your RSO will want to make sure that their RSO profile is up-to-date on Involvement Link. Make sure your profile is engaging and has current information.
Some things to consider updating:
- RSO Description
- Contact Information
- Roster and Officer Information
- Website Info (if applicable)
- Social Media
- Gallery - including pictures and videos
- Events - put your upcoming events on the calendar
Virtual Fair Attendance Tracking
In order for RSOs to follow-up with prospective and new members and invite them to their organization’s Involvement Link page, you must be able to track a list of attendees at your Virtual event. This can be done a number of ways and will depend on what platform you are using for your virtual event. Plan ahead so that your RSO is prepared!
Student Leadership & Involvement will provide a HELP DESK where staff may be reached to assist RSOs with trouble shooting. This will be available to RSOs from noon until 3 p.m. during the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair.
Best Practices for the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair
There are many ways that RSOs may present their organization's content to students. Below are a few recommended practices for the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair.
Include an icebreaker or get-to-know-you activity to help break the ice during the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair.
Below are some icebreaker ideas you can try!
Slide Show (PowerPoint/Google Slides Presentation)
If you plan to showcase your organization during the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair using a slide show, here are suggestions on how to craft it:
- Make the presentation approximately 10 minutes long. This will give participants multiple chances to sign into your zoom link and hear the presentation from beginning to end. (It will also give them time to sign out and visit another zoom link without having to leave your meeting early)
- The presentation should be set up in a continuous loop so that there is continuity between presenters (if there is more than one person presenting)
- Make sure to provide contact information to address questions since it is possible that you may not be able to answer all questions during your meeting
- Be sure to include information on dues/fees associated with membership and participation in the organization
- Be sure to showcase pictures from your events/programs if you have any
- Include information on requirements and expectations of general members
- Share your organization’s mission is and goals for the Spring 2021 semester
- Make sure to include your RSOs Involvement Link Profile in the presentation for future reference
If you plan to showcase your organization during the Virtual K-Day Student Involvement Fair using a Video, here are a few suggestions on how to craft it:
- Create a video that is no longer than 10 minutes
- It should focus on why students should join your organizations
- Embed the video on your organization's RSOs Involvement Link Profile. Place it in a space that will be easy for viewers to find
- Provide a link in which the video can be viewed for students who cannot attend the live Virtual Spring Involvement Fair event
- Include a voice over if the video will include showcasing images and video clips of previous events or programs
- If the video will have a representative(s) speaking directly to the camera:
- Be sure that there is good lighting
- Be sure that the audio is clear and free of background noises
- Make sure to have some photos, videos or other media that could be used to help with transitioning images
- Include captions for any audio so that your video is accessible
- Make sure to include your RSOs Involvement Link Profile in the presentation
Include an interactive activity to help showcase your organization during the Virtual Spring Involvement Fair. This will give you an activity to engage participants with in between presentations and help students get to know both your organization and your members. This is also a good opportunity to use breakout rooms or the polls feature! Here are a few suggestions on activities that you could:
Schedule of Events
The Virtual Spring Involvement Fair will be held:
Thursday, January 14 from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.