Michigan Technological University maintains and enforces a Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals for equal rights and fairness in the financial aid process.
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Privacy of Student Records—Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Disability Services and Facilities
- Student Body Diversity
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Withdrawal Procedure
- Textbook Information
- Educational Program
- Campus Map
- Instructional Facilities
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Copyright Infringement—Policies and Sanctions
- Computer Use and File Sharing
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Student Activities
- Constitution Day Information
- Veterans Affairs Principles of Excellence
- Voter Registration
Information regarding financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, and outside scholarships available to undergraduate students is located at the Financial Aid website.
Information regarding graduate student financial information including the cost of attendance, assistantships, external funding, loans, and service fellowships can be located at the following websites:
Financial Aid for Study Abroad
A student's enrollment in a study-abroad program approved for credit by Michigan Tech may be considered enrollment at Michigan Tech for purposes of applying for Federal student financial aid. If you are interested in a Study Abroad Program, you can find information regarding financial aid at the Study Abroad Financial Resources website.
Overview of Student Loan Information:
Loans consist of borrowed funds, which must be repaid. For an overview of student loan information, including borrowers rights and responsibilities please review these links:
- Loan Programs Fact Sheet
- Federal Student Loans Basics for Students
- Direct PLUS Loan Basics for Parents
- Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Alternative Loans
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
Disclosure of Student and Parent Loan Information
Information about loans for students and parents will be reported to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). That information will be accessible by authorized guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools. Students and parents can also review their own Federal Direct Loan history by logging in to the NSLDS website.
Availability of State Grant Assistance
Students are encouraged to investigate whether they may be eligible to receive grant assistance from their state of residence. Students can begin their research by reviewing the resources available on the website of their state’s higher education agency.
Federal Work Study Information
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
In order to receive most financial aid, students must meet certain eligibility requirements, including the following:
- Basic Eligibility Requirements for Federal Student Aid
- Enrollment Requirements
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
Students convicted of possessing or selling illegal drugs in violation of Federal or State law during a time when the student is receiving Federal student aid will lose eligibility for Federal student aid for a period of time. Students can complete a worksheet to determine their current aid eligibility.
Disbursement of Financial Aid
Purchasing Books and Supplies
It is possible for students to use their financial aid to help pay for their books; financial aid will be applied to tuition, fees, and any room and board charges first. Eligible students who do not have excess aid may still purchase books and supplies at the Campus Bookstore and may charge those books and supplies to their student accounts (up to $1,500) once their enrollment has been confirmed. The student will be billed at a later date for any excess charges.
The University Refund Policy
The University Refund Policy can be found on the Registrar's website.
Return of Title IV Aid
The return of Title IV aid policy can be viewed at the Undergraduate Catalog website.
Cost of Attendance
Cost of attendance information for undergraduate and graduate students can be located at the Cost of Attendance website.
Consumer Information on the College Navigator Website
Michigan Tech’s federal consumer information statistics can be found on the College Navigator website.
According to the Federal Trade Commission, perpetrators of financial aid fraud often use the following lines to lure students with their scholarship services; students and parents should avoid any scholarship or website which states any of the following:
- "This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back."
- "You can't get this information anywhere else."
- "I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship."
- "We'll do all the work."
For more information, please visit the Federal Trade Commission Scholarship Scam website.
Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data
Athletic participation rates and disclosures can be found at the following website:
Contacting the Financial Aid Office
Contact information for the Financial Aid Office can be found at the Financial Aid website.
A staff directory can be found at Financial Aid Staff Listing website.
- Annual Campus Security Act Report
- Appeals Procedure for Drug Violation
- Campus Security Policies
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Drug Free Workplace Statement
- Emergency Notification
- Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log
- Missing Student Notification
- Notice to Victims of Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking
- President's Council on Health and Wellness
- Programs to Prevent Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalking
- Sex Offender Information
- Timely Warning Notices
- Title IX Coordinator
- Vaccination/Immunization Policies
If you are a prospective undergraduate student you can find information regarding your financial aid at the Aid for Prospective Students website.
If you are a current student you can find information regarding your financial aid at the Aid for Current Students website.
If you are an International Student you can find information regarding your financial aid at the Aid for International Students website.
If you are interested in the Study Abroad Program, you can find information regarding financial aid at the Scholarships and Financial Aid website.
- Graduate Degree Program Enrollment
- Retention Rate
- Graduation Rates Transfer—out Rates
- Graduation Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid
- Job Placement Rate Information for Graduates—Undergraduate Level
- Job Placement Rate Information for Graduates—Graduate Level
- Graduate Student Completion Data