A purchase order is a contractual agreement between Michigan Tech and a vendor.
Purchase order requisitions should be used for the following:
- Purchase of goods and services (for more information see the Procedures Manual)
- Items prohibited for purchase with your purchasing card
- Vendors who won’t take credit cards
- When you need help with a quote or bid
- When you need help determining which vendor to use
- Encumbering a purchase
All purchase requisitions must be approved by the appropriate financial manager before the purchase is made. See Approval Policy.
Finance Self-Service Purchase Requisitions
Many purchases can be made using the finance self-service requisition. The form is similar to the paper requisition, but with some shortcuts.
For instructions on using the finance self-service requisition, see written instructions Finance Self-Service Purchase Requisition Instructions.
To start using the finance self-service requisition, complete the access request form: Finance Self-Service Purchase Requisition Access Request. We will give you access on the mirror test database. Once you have completed a requisition on the test database, we'll review it and then give you access to do requisitions on the production database through Banweb.