Doctoral students select the program of study in consultation with their advisor and committee. Course work requirements specific to CFRES are:
- MA 4710—Regression Analysis
- MA 4720—Design and Analysis of Experiments
- MA 4730—Nonparametric Statistics
- MA 4760—Mathematical Statistics I
- MA 4770—Mathematical Statistics II
- MA4790—Predictive Modeling
- MA 5701—Statistical Methods
- MA 5711—Mathematical Statistics I
- MA 5712—Mathematical Statistics II
- MA 5730—Nonparametric Statistics
- MA 5731—Linear Models
- MA 5732—Generalized Linear Models
- MA5741—Multivariate Statistical Methods
- MA 5750—Statistical Genetics
- MA 5761—Computational Statistics
- MA 5770—Bayesian Statistics
- MA 5781—Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- MA 5790—Predictive Modeling
- MA 5791—Categorical Data Analysis
- BE 5550—Biostatistics for Health Science Research
- FW 5411—Applied Regression Analysis
- FW 5412—Regression in R
- FW 5557—Applied Spatial Statistics
Approval of equivalent courses may be given by the College of Forest Resources and Environmental Science graduate program director in consultation with the student's advisory committee. The advisory committee may specify certain courses in which a student must achieve a grade B or better.
Michigan Tech Graduate School Requirements
Students must meet program-specific requirements set by their graduate program as well as the minimum degree requirements set by the Graduate School.
All PhD Students
Degree Requirements—Doctoral students must comply with degree requirements set by the Graduate School, and complete all necessary forms to document progress.
Forms and Deadlines—You and your advisor should track the dates for submitting forms to the Graduate School so you are both in agreement with your plan and meet your deadlines.