Report a Concern

If this an emergency or someone is in danger, please call 911.

Michigan Tech is committed to providing an environment that is respectful and supportive. If you have a concern that you believe impedes these efforts for you personally, or for a friend or colleague, and want more information, please click on the appropriate title below. To report your concern, click on the report button in the box, complete the form, and submit.

For Confidentiality: If you prefer, you may address concerns or questions confidentially. Students may contact Counseling Services at 906- 487-2538 or My Student Support Program (My SSP) 1-866-749-7732 and employees may contact the Employee Assistance Program. Also available is Office of the Ombuds at or 906-487-2391. 

For Criminal Conduct: If you believe you or someone you know has been a victim of a crime (not an emergency), please contact Public Safety and Police Services at 906-487-2216. These forms do not constitute filing a criminal complaint with the police.

Student of Concern

Use this form to report concerns about a student including, but not limited to the following:

  • Neglect of academic work
  • Behavioral concern (disruptive, withdrawn, tearful, declining personal hygiene, etc.)
  • Family crisis
  • Mental health concerns
  • Personal challenges
  • Excessive absenteeism
  • Medical concerns, including COVID-19

TIP Line

Use this form for anonymous reporting items of concern to Public Safety and Police Services, including but not limited to the following:

  • Somebody's well-being
  • Observations of unusual behavior
  • Concern that is time sensitive (non-emergency)

Sexual Misconduct (Title IX)

Use this form to report incidents that may violate Title IX.  Prohibited conduct includes:

  • Sexual harassment
  • Sexual assault
  • Dating Violence
  • Domestic Violence
  • Stalking

Discrimination and Harassment

Use this form to report incidents of bias, discrimination, harassment, or retaliation based on race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight, marital status, disability, or genetic information.

Non-policy violations, such as microaggressions or other non-pervasive offensive conduct, whether intentional or unintentional, will be resolved through educational dialogue.  Allegations of policy violations will be subject to a more formal process.

Student Complaint

Use this form for complaints or general concerns about your campus experience, in or out of the classroom.

Concerns may include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Academic policy violations
  • Lack of professionalism
  • Unsatisfactory student services
  • COVID-19 concerns

General Student Misconduct

Use this form to report general misconduct incidents. This may include, but is not limited to the following:

  • Alcohol or drugs
  • COVID-19 conduct issues
  • Disruptive behavior
  • Bullying
  • Hazing or Hazing activities
  • Physical assault, endangerment, and threats
  • Student organizational violations
  • Retaliation

Academic Misconduct

Use this form to report academic misconduct. This may include, but is not limited to the following:

  • Cheating
  • Plagiarism
  • Fabrication
  • Facilitation

Misconduct in Research

Use this form to report issues of research misconduct including, but not limited to the following:

  • Fabrication
  • Falsification
  • Plagiarism
  • Deception
  • Misrepresentation
  • Arbitrary selection of data

Conflict Resolution

Use this form to let us know you have a significant conflict and need some assistance with resolution.  Conflict areas may include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Classmate
  • Co-worker
  • Friend
  • Instructor/Professor
  • Partner
  • Peer
  • Roommate
  • Supervisor

Residence Education and Housing Services Concern

Use this form to report anything related to on-campus housing. Concerns include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Roommate issues
  • Housing policy violations
  • Repair requests
  • Questions and/or concerns

Michigan Tech Hotline

Use this independent, third-party provider form if you feel unsafe using the usual channels as a private way to report activities that may involve the following:

  • Violations of Policy
  • Financial Control Issues or Fraud
  • Unsafe Conditions
  • Research Misconduct
  • Academic Misrepresentation
  • Equity Issues
  • Human Resources Issues
  • Information Systems Misuse
  • Athletics Compliance Issues
  • Retaliation

Access Barrier

Use this form to report a physical or technological barrier. These include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Inoperable elevator or door
  • Blocked access ramp
  • Inappropriate use of handicap parking space
  • Inaccessible webpage