Change Your Major/Minor/Concentration

Degree-seeking undergraduate students may use the curriculum change portlet to request a change to their degree, major, minor and/or concentration. Non-degree-seeking students should contact Admissions to become degree-seeking. 

Major add or change requests must be made by 5 p.m. on Wednesday of Week 2 to be effective that semester. Requests made after Wednesday of Week 2 will be effective the following semester.

Minor or concentration add or change requests will become effective the current semester, regardless of when submitted.

Major or minor drops become effective immediately in the current semester.

All add or change requests require advisor approval. Please contact the advisor of the major/minor/concentration you are adding PRIOR TO using this request system.

Dropping a double major, second degree, minor or concentration does not require advisor approval.

Curriculum changes may result in an adjustment to your student bill. Please contact the Student Financial Services Center with billing questions.

To update your major, minor, or concentration, please review the Curriculum Change Portlet Tutorial and login to MyMichiganTech