This is not an emergency service.
For events presenting an immediate threat to life or property, call 911.
Michigan Technological University has selected Syntrio to provide you with a confidential and anonymous way to report activities that may involve fraud, misconduct, or violations of Michigan Tech policy. The hotline doesn’t replace existing university processes for reporting concerns. It’s an alternative for anyone who feels unsafe using the usual channels.
Every employee and member of the community can play a vital part in helping Michigan Tech maintain its integrity. Issues may be reported 24 hours a day by calling 1-844-490-0055 or by visiting the Syntrio website. It is not necessary to identify yourself, but it would be helpful in case further information is needed. Your privacy is respected, and conversations are confidential. Every effort is made to protect your anonymity.
Michigan Tech asserts that no retaliatory action will be taken against anyone for reporting or inquiring in good faith about potential ethical misconduct.
Types of Items to Report
- Violations of Policy: Violation of Board of Trustees policy or University policy, including prohibited retaliation.
- Financial: Accounting or internal control issues, fraud, theft or other financial issues.
- Safety: Unsafe conditions, environmental issues or other safety matters.
- Research: Issues dealing with the rights and welfare of research subjects, research misconduct, proposals, protocols or other research matters.
- Academic: Misrepresentation of credentials, academic dishonesty and other academic violations.
- Equity: Harassment, discrimination, or retaliation based on protected class.
- Human Resources: Time abuse or other forms of misconduct.
- Information Systems: Data privacy, confidentiality, or other waste or abuse of resources or information.
- Athletics: NCAA compliance issues.