Why did you choose Michigan Tech?
Siddhesh Mahadeshwar, Graduate Student, Computer Science
"Michigan Tech has not only given me the opportunity to pursue world-class academics, but also made it possible for me to follow my passion for tennis through varsity athletics."
Pronouns: He, him, his
Future Plans: I am currently pursuing my master's degree in Computer Science and intend to gain more knowledge in computer security.
Share your quote and receive a Computing[MTU] t-shirt!
Student News Briefs
Find more student news on the College of Computing student blog.
NCSA Weekly Meeting. The Networking and Computing Student Association (NCSA) will present its weekly meeting on Nov. 29, at 6 p.m. in ChemSci 108. This week's topic is Machine Learning, presented by Mia, the NCSA Dev Team lead.
Explaining Your Market Opportunity Workshop. Husky Innovate will present an Explaining Your Market Opportunityworkshop on Dec. 1, 4-5:30 p.m., Fisher 325. The workshop will especially help those who are planning to compete in the Bob Mark Business Model Pitch Competition and the New Venture Challenge. Register by Nov. 30.
Looking for Resident Assistants. Residence Education and Housing Servicesis seeking resident assistant (RA) applicants. Students should have the desire to help create an inclusive and supportive community in the residence halls.
Summer Youth Programs Seeking Applicants.The Michigan Tech Summer Youth Programs(SYP) is looking for passionate individuals who enjoy working with youth and want to inspire the next generation of doers and makers.
Meet CCLC Coach Carter Dugan
About Carter Dugan: My name is Carter Dugan and I am an Electrical and Computer Engineering student at
Michigan Tech. I spend much of my time programming, usually in the C language. I am
interested in code optimization and data structures. My hobbies include reading, coding,
watching football, and going for walks around campus and the surrounding area.
Thoughts on CCLC coaching: I hope to improve not only the skills of other students but my own skills in both computer science and tutoring.
CS courses that I can help with: CS 1131, CS 1142, CS 2321
Programming languages that I know: Assembly Language, C, Java, Python
Computing Learning Center
Final exams are almost here. Get the help you need now. The College of Computing Learning Center (CCLC), on the first floor of Rekhi Hall, Room 118, is staffed by upper-level undergraduate students and supported by the College of Computing. The friendly CCLC coaches are available to help succeed in your computing courses. No appointments are necessary. Free. Open to all students taking computing classes. This fall, the Learning Center is open Sunday-Friday according to the schedule here.
Student Events and Deadlines
- Nov. 29, 6 p.m. NCSA Weekly Meeting: Mia, NCSA Dev Team lead, will present a talk about machine learning, ChemSci 108
- Dec. 1, 4-5:30 p.m. Explaining Your Market Opportunity workshop, Fisher 325
- Find more student news and events on the College of Computing student blog
College Lectures and Events
- Dec. 1, 3 p.m. Doctoral Students Lecture: Suresh Pokharel and Ranit Karmakar, M&M U115
- Dec. 2, 2 p.m. Master's Defense: Tino Moore, Zoom
- Dec. 2, 3-4 p.m. CS Colloquium Lecture: Daniel Neill, New York University, virtual
- Dec. 9, 3-4 p.m. Doctoral Student Lecture: Chen Zhao and Xuewei Cao, M&M U115
- MS Thesis Defense: Nicholas Hamilton, Computer Science
- Master's Defense: Andrew Youngstrom, Cybersecurity
- Talk: Balancing Autonomy and Supervision in Marine Robotic Vehicle Operations
- Three Papers by Wenbin Zhang, CS, Accepted for Publication
- Tino Moore, CS, to Present PhD Dissertation Defense December 2
- Myounghoon Jeon (CS/CLS), Virginia Tech, to Bring Robot Theater Program to Michigan Tech
- View the full Academic Calendar
- Friday, Dec 09: Last Day of Regular Classes
- Monday, Dec 12: Final Exam Period
- Friday, Dec 16: Fall Semester Ends
- Saturday, Dec 17: Midyear Commencement
- Monday, Jan 09, Instruction Begins
- Monday, Jan 16, Martin Luther King Day Recess
- Wednesday, Feb 08, 10 p.m., Winter Carnival Recess Begins
- Monday, Feb 13, Classes Resume
- Friday, Mar 03, 10 p.m., Break Begins
- Sunday, Mar 12, 12 p.m., Fall Registration Begins
- Monday, Mar 13, Classes Resume
- Sunday, Apr 02, 11:59 p.m., Fall Registration Ends
- Friday, Apr 21, Last Day of Regular Classes
- Monday, Apr 24, Final Exam Period Begins
- Friday, Apr 28, Spring Semester Ends
- Friday, Apr 28, Spring Graduate Student Commencement
- Saturday, Apr 29, Spring Undergraduate Student Commencement
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.