Fourth-year Computer Science student Nisha Elgonda shares her favorite thing about the College of Computing. What do you love about the College of Computing? Share your story here.
Finals are coming! The CCLC is here to help.
Everyone needs help sometimes, especially at the end of the semester as final exams approach. The Learning Center, on the first floor of Rekhi Hall, is open to ALL students enrolled in computing classes, and it's FREE!
Stop by anytime from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm, Sunday through Friday. The CCLC coaches are upper-level undergraduate students who want to help you succeed in your computing classes. They can help with homework, broad topics, programming tips, and more. Just stop in and get the help you need for success in your computing courses.
Events and Deadlines
- SENSE Enterprise Info Session and tour of the Great Lakes Research Center, Nov. 11, 5-6 pm, Dow 642
- SYP Employment Info Session, Nov. 11, 6 p.m., MUB Alumni Lounge
- DoD SMART Scholarship applications due, Dec. 1, 5 pm
- Final Exams, Dec. 13-17
- Walk-in COVID-19 Testing, Weekly on Mon., Wed., Thur., 9-12, Datolite Room, MUB
- Dean Livesay 's Open Office Hours: Fridays, 2-3 pm, Rekhi 223. All students who wish to chat with Dean Livesay are invited to "drop in." No appointments needed.
- ICC/HCC Keynote: Dr. Rick Wash, Michigan State University, Nov. 11, 2 pm, online
- CS New Faculty Lecture, Dr. Briana Bettin and Dr. Stefka Hristova, Fri., Nov. 12, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- Biocomputing and Digital Health Lecture Series: Yousef Darestani (CEGE), Nov. 15, 12-1 pm, Rekhi 214
- CS Dept. Lecture Series: Dr. Junqiao Qiu, Computer Science, Fri., Nov. 19, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- Biocomputing and Digital Health Lecture Series: Zhou He, Nov 29, 12-1 pm,, Rekhi 214
Internship opportunities at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), New Mexico. Join the best and brightest minds in the world at one of the most innovative and creative multidisciplinary research institutions engaged in strategic science on behalf of U.S. national security. Download a list of LANL student opportunities.
Summer Youth Programs (SYP) is looking for passionate individuals who enjoy working with youth and want
to inspire the next generation of makers and doers. If you are interested in learning
more about being a member of the SYP team, we encourage you to attend our hiring sessions
or email us at email@example.com.
Two info sessions will be held, on Nov. 11 and Jan. 20; both will take place at 6 pm in the MUB Alumni Lounge. Visit the SYP website to learn more.
Innovators in Industry
SENSE Enterprise ... Makes Sense!
Meet the SENSE team, hear about their current projects, learn about DoD civilian opportunities, and tour the Great Lakes Research Center. (Plus, free food!) Read the blog post.
View the full Academic Calendar
Friday, Nov 19, 10 p.m., Thanksgiving Recess Begins
Monday, Nov 29, Classes Resume
Friday, Dec 10, Last Day of Regular Classes
Monday, Dec 13, Final Exam Period
Friday, Dec 17, Fall Semester Ends
Saturday, Dec 18, Midyear Commencement
Monday, Jan 10, Instruction Begins
Monday, Jan 17, Martin Luther King Day Recess
Wednesday, Feb 09, 10 p.m., Winter Carnival Recess Begins
Monday, Feb 14, Classes Resume
Friday, Mar 4, 2022, 10 pm, Spring Break Begins
Sunday, Mar 13, 12 p.m, Fall Registration Begins
Monday, Mar 14, Classes Resume
Sunday, Apr 3, 11:59 p.m., Fall Registration Ends
Friday, Apr 22, Last Day of Regular Classes
Monday, Apr 25, Final Exam Period
Saturday, Apr 30, Spring Commencement
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.