STUDENT EVENTS AND DEADLINES
- Ada Lovelace Day, Oct. 12
- Study Abroad Germany Summer 2022 Info Session, Oct. 13, 5 pm, AOB 101
- Spring 2022 PHF Graduate Assistantships applications, due Oct. 14, 4 pm
- Idea Pitch Competition, Oct. 20, 5-7 pm, M&M Bldg, Room U115
- Spring 2022 Finishing Fellowship applications, due October 21, 4 pm
- Spring, Summer Registration begins October 24
- Three Minute Thesis competition, Nov. 4
- MSGC undergraduate and graduate student fellowship applications, due Nov. 3, 12 pm
- DoD SMART Scholarship applications, due Dec. 1, 5 pm
- Final Exams, Dec. 13-17
- Walk-in COVID-19 Testing, Weekly on Mon., Wed., Thur., 9-12, Datolite Room, MUB
- Dean Livesay 's Open Office Hours: Fridays, 2-3 pm, Rekhi 223. All students who wish to chat with Dean Livesay are invited to "drop in." No appointments needed.
LECTURES AND SEMINARS
- ICC Distinguished Lecture, Dr. Doina Caragea, Fri., Oct. 29, 3 pm, virtual
- ICC Distinguished Lecture, Dr. Philip E. Bourne, Fri., Nov. 5, 3 pm, on-campus
- CS New Faculty Lecture, Dr. Briana Bettin and Dr. Stefka Hristova, Fri., Nov. 12, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- CS Dept. Lecture Series: Dr. Junqiao Qiu, Computer Science, Fri., Nov. 19, 3 pm, Rekhi 214.
Heartland Business Systems is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our team! We think this would be a great position for a new grad who has a strong interest in working with cloud – specifically Azure.
AEROSPACE ENTERPRISE INFO SESSIONS
The Michigan Tech Aerospace Enterprise has started its recruitment round for the Spring 2022 semester. If you are interested in the design, test, and integration of space systems, please read on to learn more about how to join our team. The Aerospace Enterprise accepts members of all majors, and no prior experience is required. Two Information Sessions are scheduled, each with the option of joining virtually via Google Meet. Links are below. The two information sessions are identical; only one must be attended. Link to more details.
- Information Session A: Thursday, October 21st from 6:00 pm EDT, 7:00 pm, MEEM 111
- Information Session B: Friday, October 22nd from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm EDT, MEEM 111
IDEA PITCH COMPETITION
Do you have an innovative idea that could disrupt the status quo and "business as usual"? Pitch your idea at the Idea Pitch Competition. Each contestant will have two minutes to share their idea in an interactive community setting. Judges will vote to select top pitches and award cash prizes. Link to more details.
Husky Innovate is hosting the competition Oct. 20 in person from 5-7 p.m. in the Minerals and Materials Engineering Building (M&M), Room U115. To pitch, please register in advance. Link to more details.
STUDY ABROAD IN GERMANY
The Study Abroad Germany Summer 2022 (BA5610 / BA5990) program, Track B, is also open to both graduate and undergraduate students. Interested? Attend an info session on Wednesday, October 13, at 5pm in AOB 101. Questions? Contact the faculty coordinator Dr. Ulrich Schmelzle (email@example.com or 906-487-2710). Link to more details.
COMPUTING LEARNING CENTER
The College of Computing Learning Center is open for business, on-campus and in-person! The CCLC, in Rekhi Hall, is staffed by upper-level undergraduate students and supported by Michigan Tech's College of Computing. The coaches can help with homework, broad topics, programming tips, and more, Sunday through Friday from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm. Just stop in and get the help you need for success in your computing courses. Appointments are available but not necessary. View the CCLC schedule, meet the coaches, and find additional resources on the CCLC website.
- CCLC webpage
- CCLC schedule
- Discord server
- Canvas page: self-registration
- Canvas page link
View the full Academic Calendar
Sunday, Oct 24, 12 p.m., Spring/Summer Registration Begins
Sunday, Nov 07, 11:59 p.m., Spring/Summer Registration Ends
Friday, Nov 19, 10 p.m., Thanksgiving Recess Begins
Monday, Nov 29, Classes Resume
Friday, Dec 10, Last Day of Regular Classes
Monday, Dec 13, Final Exam Period
Friday, Dec 17, Fall Semester Ends
Saturday, Dec 18, Midyear Commencement
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.