STUDENT EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Virtual Career Fair, Sep. 23-24
- Design Thinking Workshop, Sep. 23, 7 pm
- Copper Country Coders Kick-off, Sat., Sep. 25, 1 pm, Rekhi Hall
- CyberCorps Scholarship for Service Info Session, Sep. 30, 4-5 pm, Rekhi 113
- Spring 2022 PHF Graduate Assistantships applications, due Oct. 14, 4 pm
- Spring 2022 Finishing Fellowship application, due October 21, 4 pm
- MSGC undergraduate and graduate student fellowship applications, due Nov. 3, 12 pm
- Walk-in COVID-19 Testing, Weekly on Mon., Wed., Thur., 9-12, Datolite Room, MUB
- Dean Livesay 's Open Office Hours: Fridays, 2-3 pm, Rekhi 223. All students who wish to chat with Dean Livesay are invited to "drop in." No appointments needed. Open Office Hours will not take place Oct. 1 as the Dean will be traveling.
A CyberCorps Scholarship for Service info session is Thursday, September 30, 4-5 pm in Rekhi 113, or virtually via virtually via Zoom. For more info, visit mtu.edu/sfs. Download the SFS flyer.
LECTURES AND SEMINARS
- CS Dept. Lecture Series: Dr. Jingfeng Jiang, Biomedical Engineering, Fri., Oct. 1, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- ICC Distinguished Lecture, Dr. Doina Caragea, Fri., Oct. 29, 3 pm, virtual
- ICC Distinguished Lecture, Dr. Philip E. Bourne, Fri., Nov. 5, 3 pm, on-campus
- CS New Faculty Lecture, Dr. Briana Bettin and Dr. Stefka Hristova, Fri., Nov. 12, 3 pm, Rekhi 214
- CS Dept. Lecture Series: Dr. Junqiao Qiu, Computer Science, Fri., Nov. 19, 3 pm, Rekhi 214.
Superior Technologies has immediate part-time (20 hours/week) and full-time on-going internships available for juniors, seniors, and grad students.
- Position: Software Developer (intern)
- Majors: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering and related majors
- Hours: Flexible with both part-time (20 hours week) and full-time on-going positions. Work can be mostly remote/from home if desired.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Superior Technologies is located in the Lakeshore Center, downtown Houghton.
1ST YEAR STUDENT RAILROAD SCHOLARSHIPS
The Michigan Tech Rail Transportation Program is continuing a 1st Year Student Scholarship program to promote interest in the railroad industry. Up to four $500 scholarships will be awarded this fall. The award is renewable for up to four years for students who participate in REAC, maintain AREMA membership (free to students), and actively pursue a Minor in Rail Transportation. Applications are due by October 11, 2021. Learn more here.
COMPUTING LEARNING CENTER
The College of Computing Learning Center is open for business, on-campus and in-person! The CCLC, in Rekhi Hall, is staffed by upper-level undergraduate students and supported by Michigan Tech's College of Computing. The coaches can help with homework, broad topics, programming tips, and more, Sunday through Friday from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm. Just stop in and get the help you need for success in your computing courses. Appointments are available but not necessary. View the CCLC schedule, meet the coaches, and find additional resources on the CCLC website.
- CCLC webpage
- CCLC schedule
- Discord server
- Canvas page: self-registration
- Canvas page link
Wednesday, Sep 22, 10 a.m., Virtual Career Fair
Thursday, Sep 23, 10 a.m., Virtual Career Fair
Friday, Oct 01, 3 p.m., Homecoming Recess
Sunday, Oct 24, 12 p.m., Spring/Summer Registration Begins
Sunday, Nov 07, 11:59 p.m., Spring/Summer Registration Ends
Friday, Nov 19, 10 p.m., Thanksgiving Recess Begins
Monday, Nov 29, Classes Resume
Friday, Dec 10, Last Day of Regular Classes
Monday, Dec 13, Final Exam Period
Friday, Dec 17, Fall Semester Ends
Saturday, Dec 18, Midyear Commencement
LAWN GAMES, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
To include news and information in The Weekly Download, email your news to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Late submissions may not be included. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.