What do you love about Computing[MTU]?
Adam Fulton, 2nd-year Computer Network and System Administration major with a minor
"I really like how invested the professors are in the classes. You end up developing great relationships with them."
What do you love about Computing[MTU]? Share your quote and receive a Computing[MTU] t-shirt!
Applications Open for Innovation Award
Husky Innovate and the Office of Innovation and Commercialization (OIC) are offering an innovation award to three Design Expo teams that demonstrate an innovative customer value proposition. The winning teams’ solutions will be distinctive when compared to alternatives and demonstrate the potential for positive economic and/or societal impact. Apply by April 12 at 11:59 pm. Read more here.
Design Expo Workshop: Talking About Your Work
To help you prepare for Design Expo and other end-of-semester presentations, a workshop to help you practice talking about your work will take place on April 13, from 4-5 p.m., in the library’s East Reading Room. Register to attend. Read more here.
Info Session: Accelerated, Online Graduate Programs
The job market is as competitive as it has ever been, and a graduate degree or certificate puts you a step ahead. Join the MTU Graduate Admissions team for an informational session about Michigan Tech’s accelerated and online graduate programs on Thursday, April 14, at 5 pm, in the Administration Building, Room 404, and virtually. Free pizza! Register here. Read more here.
GC Associates USA Seeking Graduates
GC Associates USA is seeking graduates to fill full-time openings in electrical engineering, computer science, and computer engineering. The positions will support both commercial electronics development as well as R&D programs in support of the US military. Most programs are based on ground vehicle technologies involving electronics prototyping with embedded and cloud-based software design. Details here.
Center for High Throughput Computing Position
The Center for High Throughput Computing (CHTC) invites applications for a system administrator position to work on the next generation of large-scale distributed computing used by many of the largest science projects in the world. The system administrator will work with a seasoned team of colleagues to install and manage cutting-edge hardware that enables researchers to solve computational problems using thousands of CPU cores. Details here.
Graduate Reception Is April 29, 3:30 pm
Spring 2022 College of Computing graduates and families are invited to attend a celebratory reception on Friday, April 29, 2022, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m., in the Rekhi Hall student lounge, Room 201. Refreshments will be served.
Lectures and Events
- Master's Defense: Jonathan Parks, CS, Apr 14, 11 am, Rekhi 214 and virtually
- Master's Defense: Saano Murembya, CS, Apr 15, 1 pm, Fisher 132 and virtually
- CS Dept. Lecture: Hongyu An and Kevin Trewartha (ECE/CS), Apr. 15, 3 pm, Rekhi 214 or virtually
- PhD Dissertation Presentation: Jiban Adhikary, CS, Apr. 26, 11 am to 12:50 pm, Rekhi 101 and virtually
College and University News
- Keith Vertanen Named Dave House Associate Professor of Computing
- Keith Vertanen Mentioned in MIT News Article
- Computing[MTU] Showcase Garners Area Media Coverage
- Women Discuss Their Life in Tech
- CES, SXSW and Now… Computing [MTU]
: Podcast with Dean Livesay and Tim Havens
- MTU Begins Computing Showcase
Computing Learning Center
Stop by anytime from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm, Sunday through Friday, and get the help you need for success in your computing courses. The Learning Center is in Rekhi 118. Discord server. CCLC coaches are also available via Zoom during lab walk-in hours.
- View the full Academic Calendar
- Friday, Apr 22, Last Day of Regular Classes
- Monday, Apr 25, Final Exam Period
- Saturday, Apr 30, Spring Commencement
- Monday, May 9, Full Session Begins
- Monday, May 9, Session A Begins
- Monday, May 30, Memorial Day Recess
- Tuesday, May 31, Classes Resume
- Thursday, Jun 23, Session A Ends
- Friday, Jun 24, Session A Exams
- Monday, Jun 27, Session B Begins
- Monday, Jul 4, Independence Day Recess
- Tuesday, Jul 5, Classes Resume
- Thursday, Aug 11, Session B Ends
- Thursday, Aug 11, Full Session Ends
- Friday, Aug 12, Final Exam Period
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact email@example.com.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.