Computing at Michigan Tech: Past, Present, Future
Now in its third year, the College of Computing is on an upward trajectory. Student
enrollment is up appreciably and other key indicators confirm that the upward trend
In a three-part series of articles, we take a close look at how we got here, what our college looks like today, and what we’re working to accomplish as we look to the future. Learn more: mtu.edu/computing/about/history/
Student Events and Opportunities
- View student events and opportunities on the Computing Advising blog.
SnP Lab Undergraduate Research Assistants
The MTU Security and Privacy Lab (SnP) is recruiting hourly-paid research assistants supported by NSF REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) grant for Spring 2022. Requirements:
The candidate must be a US citizen as required by the grant.
The candidate is interested in cybersecurity and has some basic knowledge of cybersecurity.
The candidate has good programming skills and is eager to learn
The position can be extended to Summer 2022 pending the performance of the candidate. Please send your resume to Prof. Bo Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
Computing Lectures and Events
- ICC Lecture: Michael Sacks, University of Texas, Feb. 7, 12 pm, Rekhi G005, or attend virtually.
- CS Dept. Lecture: Brian Yuan (AC/CS), Feb. 18, 3 pm, Rekhi 214, or attend virtually.
- ICC Lecture: Ajit Yoganathan, Georgia Tech, Feb. 21, 12 pm, Rekhi 214, or attend virtually.
- CS Dept. Lecture: Emily Zhang (ECE/CS), Mar. 18, 3 pm, Rekhi 214, or attend virtually.
- Computing[MTU] Showcase, Apr. 4-6, Rozsa Center
- CS Dept. Lecture: Hongyu An (ECE/CS), Apr. 8, 3 pm, Rekhi 214, or attend virtually.
- Read more College of Computing news: blogs.mtu.edu/computing
College of Computing Learning Center
Everyone needs help sometimes. The Learning Center, on the first floor of Rekhi Hall, is open to ALL students enrolled in computing classes, and it's FREE! Stop by anytime from 2-5 pm and 7-10 pm, Sunday through Friday, and get the help you need for success in your computing courses.
- CCLC webpage
- Discord server
- Canvas page: self-registration
- Canvas page link
View the full Academic Calendar
- Wednesday, Feb 9, 10 p.m., Winter Carnival Recess Begins
- Monday, Feb 14, Classes Resume
- Friday, Mar 4, 10 pm, Spring Break Begins
- Sunday, Mar 13, 12 pm, Fall Registration Begins
- Monday, Mar 14, Classes Resume
- Sunday, Apr 3, 11:59 pm, Fall Registration Ends
- Friday, Apr 22, Last Day of Regular Classes
- Monday, Apr 25, Final Exam Period
- Saturday, Apr 30, Spring Commencement
View the Weekly Download on the College of Computing website.
Do you have news to share? To include information in The Weekly Download, email to email@example.com by12:00 noon on the Monday prior to the week you'd like it to run. Questions about the newsletter? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to the Weekly Download, please send your name and email address to email@example.com.