All persons who wish to participate in an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) protocol (all protocols) or receive access to the Animal Care Facility must complete CITI Training prior to their addition to the protocol.
Instructions for Creating a CITI Program Account
Go to the CITI Program website.
- Click the Register button and follow the prompts to create an account and enroll in courses.
- In the Select Your Organization Affiliation field, type Michigan Technological University. Read and agree to the terms of service.
- Enter your first and last name and email address.
- Create a username and password and set up your security question.
- To enroll in a course, scroll to the bottom of the Welcome page. Select “Add a Course” in the box labeled Learner Tools for Michigan Technological University. To determine which courses you need to add, see below.
Mandatory Animal Welfare Curriculum
- Wildlife Research (includes all fish, bird, reptile, and amphibian protocols)
Laboratory Animal Protocols
- Animal Care and Use Basic Course for Student, Postdoctoral, and Staff Researchers
- Animal Biosafety
- Working with Rats in Research Settings
- Working with Mice in Research Settings
- Post-Procedure Care of Mice and Rats in Research
Click the Complete Registration button to finish your enrollment. The courses you selected should now be displayed on your Main Menu page.
You must pass all courses with a minimum score of 80 percent. Once all your courses are complete, you are finished with CITI Training. The IACUC office will automatically receive notification of your training completion.